Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that the Traction Control light and the ABS lights are stuck on because the right rear wheel speed sensor is bad and the electronic brake traction control module may also be faulty or the wiring to the module is bad. Whether it's the wiring or the module, I do not know. I just know that either is sending a message to the pcm.

Anyway, I called the guy I got the rear end from and he has agreed to give me a free speed sensor, since it's his rear end that's causing the problems. But should I take the used one or search for a new one? Where is it located on the vehicle? Because I still have my old rear end. Maybe I can just use the sensor off my old one?? After I deal with these two issues, I'll then be able to reprogram the PCM for the different ratios.

Come to think of it, these two lights were not on until I changed the rear end. This leads me to conclude that there is nothing wrong with my EBTCM and that there is no need to scour the wiring for a fault; it's obvious the wiring from the new rear end is messed up. Is it possible to replace the wiring on this new rear end with the wires from my old one?

Please advise.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,654 Posts
More than likely its the sensor ... every wheel sensor I have taken out came out in pieces...I say its very hard to take out a used sensor and use it in another car..The best price I have found is at Rockauto....

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking on Rockauto but I couldn't find it. What's the part number?

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,654 Posts
raybestos abs530317
1994 cadillac fleetwood brougham 5.7 350 inch v8 p ovh brake/wheel hub
good luck

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood
79 Posts
I just switched the axle in my 1995 with a 3.73 out of a 93. My Mechanic said he replaced one of the sensor's with one from my old axle because it was damaged. Ever since the swap the abs and traction control lights have been on. Do you think If I swapped the other sensor it would fix my problem or is there more going on here?

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
Zach, your problem could be due to the 373 gears. The computer is looking for 308s or whatever your stock was, now it has 373 and the sensor is reading too fast. But I could be wrong and the sensor is bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts