Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right rear tailight won't go on when the headlights are on. The lights work as the brake light and reverse and blinker all work. I opened it up to check the bulbs and some water had gotten somehow. Could there be a short somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've only had it a few months and am not too familiar with it. 2003 escalade..

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I would suspect a bad connection or ground

There is a junction plate under the right rear fender that the taillight circuits go to I would check there after checking the fuses in the underwood fuse box

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Think it's beyond my pay grade lol. I see where everything goes in but I wouldn't know what exactly to look for

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. The wire was corroded at the junction plate. Got a new one from AutoZone and problem fixed!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Yankees27 said:
Thanks for your help. The wire was corroded at the junction plate. Got a new one from AutoZone and problem fixed!
Where is the junction plate out of curiosity I see many people with no tail lights but a 3rd brake light very weird but common by me

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
godsdiablo said:
Where is the junction plate out of curiosity I see many people with no tail lights but a 3rd brake light very weird but common by me
Passenger side rear quarter panel

Call me crazy but gm could have picked a better spot to put the darn thing as where it's at exposes it to water, road debris and salt

Same for the air shock compressor

Don't forget that those lights are separate fuses so it can also be a bad fuse that causes most to have just the third brake light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts