Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MortnCyn 
#1 ·
hi all
i am new here and wanted to say hello and ask a question
i just got a 2006 srx and pleased and proud
i just got the sirius replacement for the xm and was wondering how to remove the right rear quater panel to get to the xm and replace it
also how would you get to the antenna

any help would be appreciated
thanks again
barry

#2 ·
Here's information to replace a tail light bulb. May be what your wanting to know:
requires removal of the rear seat belt, side rear door/rear window pillar trim panel (2 - upper & lower), rear quarter trim panel and hatch threshold trim panels on whichever side the access to the tail lamps are required. On the right side removal of the rear speaker is required and on the left side so must the auxillary blower motor be tilted out.

#8 ·
thanks mitch
but i broke down and had it installed
the installer was even able to use the xm antenna
some how he made a connector to convert the xm antenna to sirius connection
i will e-mail my fax number to you along with my thanks tomorrow due to the fact that i dont know the number
barry

#10 ·
it is something they made up
they seemed to remove the xm connector and left it on the xm unit
check siriusbackstage also for more info
online stero delivered as promised
the only thing is my radio still says xm
must be a buit in thing in the head unit
activated last night and works perfectly
was listening to howard this morning

barry

#11 ·
do all the conrols for the factory radio still work with sirius? (steering wheel, presets, ect). what year and radio do you have.

I used to have sirius in my eldorado, and I really miss it, but I don't want to have some extra unit sitting on my dash somewhere....

THANKS!

-dave

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.