Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 cadillac Seville STS 4.9L
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions about EO46 left right bank difference?

HELLO , All

I have a few questions i need info on , first of which is i had a code come up last night , and wanted to know about the PCM overide injector test PSO4 ? Anyhow once i do this what will it tell me?
About each cylinder and injector , Also once i get to pushing buttons (blue = disable ) and (red = next )
Is there gunna be a reading or more codes to look up etc. , What is the process in doing this correctly ?
LIke on running or not ? Or key just on acc position , how will i know what cylinder or injector has the
problem ? I had a old post about spark plug and no start issues a while back 92 sts 4.9l well same car
all that stuff was fixed along with everything else just last week . i had used but pretty good condition
injectors replaced cause old ones were cracked from the mechanic who messed up the car originally
Well got car back last friday and drove great , still drives great no issues or black smoke or any smoke
for that matter , but now showing code EO46 , I' am taking back to mechanic in the morn but wanted
ideas of my own , i have no o2 code PO13 but heard a bad O2 sensor would or cause the EO46 too not
sure about that one though Well heres the break down again , Had old injectors replaced couse some
were cracked , got some good condition used ones car ran fine for a week still does except for lil high
idle upon starting then it drops to normal , Car runs fine juzt having the code worries me dont want
any fires lmao ! Well any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again !

----------

Sorry about how my questions are written , iam doing this on a galaxy tablet not the greatest thing to use for typing especially if u have big hands lol kinda nerve wrecking along with the auto spell ! Anyhow thanks guys !

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Re: Questions about EO46 left right bank difference?

HELLO , All

I have a few questions i need info on , first of which is i had a code come up last night , and wanted to know about the PCM overide injector test PSO4 ? Anyhow once i do this what will it tell me?
About each cylinder and injector , Also once i get to pushing buttons (blue = disable ) and (red = next )
Is there gunna be a reading or more codes to look up etc. , What is the process in doing this correctly ?
LIke on running or not ? Or key just on acc position , how will i know what cylinder or injector has the
problem ? I had a old post about spark plug and no start issues a while back 92 sts 4.9l well same car
all that stuff was fixed along with everything else just last week . i had used but pretty good condition
injectors replaced cause old ones were cracked from the mechanic who messed up the car originally
Well got car back last friday and drove great , still drives great no issues or black smoke or any smoke
for that matter , but now showing code EO46 , I' am taking back to mechanic in the morn but wanted
ideas of my own , i have no o2 code PO13 but heard a bad O2 sensor would or cause the EO46 too not
sure about that one though Well heres the break down again , Had old injectors replaced couse some
were cracked , got some good condition used ones car ran fine for a week still does except for lil high
idle upon starting then it drops to normal , Car runs fine juzt having the code worries me dont want
any fires lmao ! Well any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again !

----------

Sorry about how my questions are written , iam doing this on a galaxy tablet not the greatest thing to use for typing especially if u have big hands lol kinda nerve wrecking along with the auto spell ! Anyhow thanks guys !
==========================
you need to update your profile to include year and model -

I have a few questions i need info
first of which is i had a code come up last night ,
post the code - and include the definition -

and wanted to know about the PCM overide injector test PSO4

so - this must be an OBD1 vehicle -
that test grounds out each injector -

Anyhow once i do this what will it tell me?
that allows you to measure the RPM drop for each cylinder -
called a CYLINDER BALANCE TEST -
tests the amount of power each cylinder has -

you can also ground out 1-3-5-7 - or 2-4-6-8 -
same as the cylinder balance test -
but does the entire bank at one time -

What is the process in doing this correctly ?
follow the instructions in the FSM -
are you actually trying to diagnose a problem -
or are you just playing?

how will i know what cylinder or injector has the problem
if you ground out a specific injector -
and there is no change in RPM - that cylinder is dead -

by the way -
there is an IGNITION TEST that does the same thing -
cuts off the power to spark plugs -

but now showing code EO46
ALWAYS include the code DEFINITION -
no remembers OBD1 codes -

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not sure if i even have a problem becouse the car is running pretty smooth , I' ve been driving for a week now and kinda have
been babying it around sense ive had all this work done to be absolutely sure everything is ok , so for so good except for the high
idle when i start the car but it drops immediately normal i suppose, iam sota kinda diagnose the EO46 code which means
right to left bank fueling difference so i can give my mechanic a better understanding of what possibly could be wrong for him to check things surrounding the code meaning , Also i dont have a FSM if your speaking of a manual and if thersz one on this site
point me in the direction to find it . The car is a 1992 cadillac Seville STS 4.9L I came across the code when i decided to just
check my OBD1 last night and relized it was a new one , i try to check on a regular basis just to look to see what comes up.
Anyhow thanks ! anything else surrounding the cause or repair of this perticular code would be appreciated thanks !

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the link ! Headed to shop

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello anyone i need to know where the right bank O2 sensor location on a 92 cadillac seville sts 4.9 ??? Thanks

Could anykne tell me where the right bank O2 sensor is located thanks !

----------

On a 92 cadillac seville sts 4.9

Hello anyone i need to know where the right bank O2 sensor location on a 92 cadillac seville sts 4.9 ??? Thanks

Could anykne tell me where the right bank O2 sensor is located thanks !

----------

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
In the right bank exhaust manifold. Right bank is on the firewall side.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much figured with a lil help from you guys I'd get this done myself, shop wanted $185 to replace , which is
crazy the new one only cost 25 $ it came to me while at shop i had taking this one off before on another car at a pick and pull
when i was lookihg for another part , to see what was needed to get one off and installing my current cars spark plugs from
under the car also while inspecting the new gaskets for the heads anyhow thanks guys easy do it your self job not $ 185 worth of
work i know that for sure funny thing is i had the one off at wrecking yard in like 5 min ! Good thing is no charge at shop if this is not the cure all to my codes to figurd out whats up , but this is what the man said was my prob so i give it a go ! Anyone want to
chime in go ahead , he saw no prob with injectors or vacuum leaks ????? Comments please thoughts ETC??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts