Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little advice. I have Eibach springs on my car and MM spacers. I have ran this setup for about 5 months now and I am noticing something not quite right on the drivers rear corner. I measured the fender gap and the left rear corner is sitting about 1" higher off the ground than the right side. The right side looks like it should wheras the left almost looks stock.

Any input on what might be happening? Could the strut be failing or stuck? I know they are self adjusting but the MM spacer should take care of that.

Thanks in advance

Eric

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
Jack the car up and check the upper strut mounting at/near the MM spacers. Pull your trunk carpeting panels and make sure all is good with the upper mounts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that was my next step I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced something like this. Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
My ride height fluctuates on the rear about a half to 3/4 inch, and it seems to be worse on the driver side.. I don't think you can really make the stock shocks stay put despite what everyone thinks but I won't be able to prove this until I ditch them.

I don't have the mm plates but I do have the rc51 spacers and some washers.

Yes, shocks can sieze if they lose enough oil but I doubt that's the issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm well that's shitty lol... Im hoping when I get her butt up in the air I will see something out of whack as its looks really bad. I was wonding if durring some wheel hop I jarred something out of place. We shall see.

Eric

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
Just for $hits I went out and measured my rear fender heights last night. Driver's side was about a half inch lower than the passenger side. Seems to be that the driver's side of my car is always slightly lower than the passenger. Sometimes it's different by a half inch, sometimes by a quarter. Varies really. Not really concerning to me since the difference isn't that drastic and I have no rubbing issues. Maybe next time I have the rear jacked up I'll try shimming up the drivers side spring seat a little bit. I think you'd definitely be experiencing some more strange noises and suspension behavior if your shock was blown out or on the verge of seizing up.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
Just went out and measured the rear fenders again after the car has sat still for a day and a half and now they're both sitting even at 25.5" floor to fender peak on both driver and passenger side in the rear. Must be the rear shocks auto-leveling by different amounts when the car is driven. Oh well.. Nothin to get excited about.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
I think you're right. My measurements were always lower and more accurate after the car sat for a while. 25.5 is nice too. I couldn't get lower than 26.5 with the gc slammed all the way. I really didn't want to though, 26.5 was just right for me.

Not that it matters now, I put the stockers back in last night... 28.5 inches lolzZzz

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
I may shim up the rears by a quarter inch or so one of these days I think. I recently put on new tires which are very slightly smaller in diameter, so now I'm just lightly grazing speed bumps that I must have literally be a couple of C-hairs away from hitting previously.. 28.5 is Monster truckin

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
612 Posts
if you are off side to side, you can always space the mm spacers differently for each side to try to level it out.
I would NOT use the MM spacers to adjust ride height. Best way to do that is by manipulating the "working space" (i.e. the upper and lower perches) for the spring itself.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
similar issue on my ground control kit.. the rears are not balanced.. i had to really lower the passenger side to get it even.

·
Registered
07 - CTS-V
407 Posts
I would NOT use the MM spacers to adjust ride height. Best way to do that is by manipulating the "working space" (i.e. the upper and lower perches) for the spring itself.
Before i moved any spring mounts, i would take the shocks out see how the ride height is then (statically of course...) to ensure that it is the springs that are causing the car to set un-level

The reality is that using the shocks should be ok, they are designed to help hold the back of the car up, if you wanted to correct a little side to side difference this would be the easiest/most cost effective method.

The best solution would be coil-overs, or the ground control kit to be able to adjust the ride height individually

1 - 13 of 13 Posts