Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'95 seville sts
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 seville sts and after longer drives out of town I get a service ride control message. I ran the codes and SO61 history came back. After searching on this forum about the service ride control message I have learned that this means my right front position sensor has a failure. If this sensor needs replaced what kind of money am I looking to spend?

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
No not a failure, a fault. The RSS module is receiving data from the sensor, it just noticed that the data was wrong. I have only recently discovered that this code will also come up when that tire is low on air. I guess the softness of the tire will numb the sensor from feeling all the bumps. So when three of the sensors are feeling a lot of bumps and only that one is not feeling most of the bumps, it will think that the sensor is faulting and then give out that code. This is just my theory on why that code popped up when my tire was almost flat, a few times (it had a slow leak). That tire is now fixed and I haven't seen the code yet.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've got a slow leak in one of my front tires...I've noticed about every 3rd day (tires down to 20-25lbs of pressure) that I get a service ride control message....

·
Registered
'95 seville sts
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My tires are filled properly and have no leak. It is kind of wierd because I only notice the message when I drive out of town and it seems to be on a specific route.

·
Registered
94 Seville 2006 STS
149 Posts
I had that message off and on for about a year. Then about 6 months ago it came on everytime I pulled the car out of the garage. Took it to my mechanic and he said the sensor was bad. Dealer price of about $334.00. He said if I wanted to wait a while he would get one from the junkyard. I checked with http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and the price was $196.00. I called my guy up and told him that I could get the part for $196.00. He explained that if thats what I wanted fine but to remember the car dose not know if the part is used or new. This guy is very honest. He called me I went down and he put the part on. I said what if it doesn't work and he said he would get another one. Anyway he put the car on the lift and did not remove the tire as I had thought he would, and 15 minutes later I was out of there. No more message. The charge was $100.00. I have been doing business with this guy for years. It is hard to get your car into his shop. Sorry about the long post. Hope this helps.

Ralph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts