Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to pick up a lot of tile today, and it made my truck tires rub all the way home. The compressor never kicked on. Now that I think about it, I have never heard the compressor. Well having fixed my old ext by soldering the solenoid, I figured I have this beat. I took it apart, and the wires are not broken, but where they connect to the pack looks very corroded. I plan on soldering it tomorrow, but my question is why wouldn't I have gotten the ride control light?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
It takes some time for the ride control message to show up
I know as my mom's 02 did like this and just out of the blue one day it decides to display the service ride control message and has been since

It's likely the system has been reset at some point

What is causing the issue will be pointed out by the codes but you will need a tech-2 to access them(if you was close I would pull the codes if there is any in the system)

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
In the past my system was down for about 2 years and i never got the message

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I resoldered the wires in the solenoid, installed the compressor, then noticed the airbags on the shocks look like a rat has been chewing on them. I started the truck and the compressor kicked on but sounded very anemic, so I pulled the fuse so the compressor didn't keep running.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Amazon has both the shocks and compressor cheaper then the dealer asks for them

If you do replace them I would do the shocks then the compressor so the leaky shocks doesn't burn out the new compressor

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I hope she doesn't chew you out too much about it
Just post or email me when you are ready to get the shocks and compressor and I will post or send you the links for them

·
Registered
05 ESV Platinum
161 Posts
Service light diesnt always come on. My 05 when purchased didnt show the message, but the compressor was not functioning either. Check rear shock air bag for holes..no reason to fix compressor if shocks dont hold air, it will just birn out again.

Easy DIY project really with minimal mechanical skills, just be safe when working with the wheels off with appropriate jack stands and placement. Many youtube videos out there for reference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts