Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens when you can't drive or tune a car....

Lol, what a retard
"M3's suck!"- only someone in a ricer would say that

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Oldie but goodie.

"I'm gonna launch the fvck outta it" baaaa baaaa ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"Oh my gawd, is that your car?"

"yup, thats my engine"

"Is that your engine!?!"

"yup"

"Are you joking? Are you joking?"

If I was in the BMW, I don't think I'd be able to "race" at the light due to extreme laughter.

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
Just what exactly did he do? It's not clear from the video. I'd imagine he just over-rev'd the f**k out of it, but...

·
Banned
1998 Deville
369 Posts
The volume is too low to understand and the video mainly showed the door panel and the passengers leg crammed against the dash because the car is so small. Ricers are not made for racing. :histeric:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
It was probably his goofball friend who gave it to someone, and then it miraculously ended up online.

Totally hilarious. The M3 should have honked at them after making it through the cloud of smoke.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala
1,889 Posts
That kinda stuff happens when you run 30lbs of boost so your civic can break 400hp.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
That was a second generation Eclipse. After seeing the spoiler (yes that was factory stock), and hearing the lack of tire squeal from the launch, I'd have to say it was a 97-99 Eclipse GSX. Which isn't a bad car. I mean it's not like they're driving around in a '94 Civic Sedan with a fart can. 210 hp and 214 lb/ft, stock....0-60 in like 6.5 seconds....not too shabby. But the M3 would have WALKED on it if the mature dude in the M3 wanted to give them the time of day. Instead he played it cool and didn't bother. It kinda reminds me of the time when I raced some dude in a '98 Talon TSi AWD in my LT1 Roadmaster. Like the kids in the video, he revved the engine up to about 4,000 and dumped the clutch when the light went green. Obviously he beat me out of the hole, but by about 40 I was catching up fast.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was a second generation Eclipse. After seeing the spoiler (yes that was factory stock), and hearing the lack of tire squeal from the launch, I'd have to say it was a 97-99 Eclipse GSX. Which isn't a bad car. I mean it's not like they're driving around in a '94 Civic Sedan with a fart can. 210 hp and 214 lb/ft, stock....0-60 in like 6.5 seconds....not too shabby. But the M3 would have WALKED on it if the mature dude in the M3 wanted to give them the time of day. Instead he played it cool and didn't bother. It kinda reminds me of the time when I raced some dude in a '98 Talon TSi AWD in my LT1 Roadmaster. Like the kids in the video, he revved the engine up to about 4,000 and dumped the clutch when the light went green. Obviously he beat me out of the hole, but by about 40 I was catching up fast.
Yeah, you can see the guy in the M3 isn't racing haha.

The volume is too low to understand and the video mainly showed the door panel and the passengers leg crammed against the dash because the car is so small. Ricers are not made for racing. :histeric:
They're only made for looking like an idiot.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Considering it was a second generation DSM, I wonder if that crank walked or ran?!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab
725 Posts
I love the aftermath video.....and although I generally don't like to wish bad things on people, maybe next time he'll get a car that doesn't need a million pounds of boost, not hit the rev limiter like that when launching and his car will last longer.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Pwned loser....and your sad ass car.

And CATCH the Lee Press On Nail pinky finger fingernail. He/she/it deserves to take the bus...

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
It WAS either an Eclipse GST or GSX, the later being AWD and could explain the lack of wheel spin off the line. The only thing I can figure that he for it to meltdown in third like that, is he turned up the boost on the turbo and didn't do any work to the engine to allow it to hold up. "We can just turn up the boost a little and it should be okay. This motor was built to hold a turbo." Yes, but not build to withstand stupidity. It sucks, but still funny that the block actually blew apart.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It WAS either an Eclipse GST or GSX, the later being AWD and could explain the lack of wheel spin off the line. The only thing I can figure that he for it to meltdown in third like that, is he turned up the boost on the turbo and didn't do any work to the engine to allow it to hold up. "We can just turn up the boost a little and it should be okay. This motor was built to hold a turbo." Yes, but not build to withstand stupidity. It sucks, but still funny that the block actually blew apart.
Yeah, when I saw the chunks of block, I was laughing my ass off

1 - 20 of 42 Posts