Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ricer Boy Yesterday...

3013 Views 35 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  whisler151
I had to pick up some pork buns on the way home yesterday. After I parked, this rice boy jumps out of his box Scion and bombards me with a few questions. Does it have a V12? What series is it? How much did I pay?

SOME Kids today aren't real true car enthusists.

That is all.

pimpcaddy
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
There still are young real TRUE car enthusiasts, but they are few and far between. Its sad what people are interested in these days.
I agree with RamAir02...not sure what you are classifying as 'young' but there are a lot of us in our 20's that know a lot more than the rice rocket boy. I get ignorant questions all the time from people of all ages that don't have a clue what the V is...I guess what I'm getting at is that you cant categorize peoples knowledge of cars by their age. My favorite is when they try to guess the price..."How much did that set you back...$35k?'' I WISH!!!!!
Glad to hear a rice boy appreciates our Vs
Yep I'm 20 years old and have had an appreciation for REAL cars my entire life. My first car was a 2000 Trans Am WS6 that I bought completely stock. I researched for two years learning the ins and outs of f-bodies before I even owned one. By the time I bought the car, I had a full list of mods I wanted to do. At the time of my trade in (for the V) the car was putting down high 450's on the dynojet. So although I am young and a "kid", I have a great appreciation for "real" cars. My friends marvel at the way I can name the year, brand, and model of cars on the road from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, and 70s. I have done my research and have a true passion for American cars.

Not all of us "kids" have been brainwashed....
Reactions: 1
I think most "people" not just kids are easily influenced by trendy movies (ie Fast & Furious) and current social fads; most people want to run with the pack instead of lead it, or maybe it's just that they can't keep up with the V!! Even though most of the shit people ask is rediculous you have the same trendy movies to thank for even getting people to ask these questions; I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the horsepower wars have started up again in the past five years and at around the same time it became cool to talk about cars. Thank God for that because things were seeming bleek unless you wanted a Cobra or an M3.

--James
Reactions: 1
i um, like cars... they go vroom... the loud pedal is on the right...

just kidding..i'm one of those new generation car nuts. I have been building and fixing cars since i was in high school. I got a late start but i know what i'm talking about. I appreciate good engineering, being an engineering myself so yeah, i'm sounding completely incoherent from lack of sleep so i'm going to go pass out in a pile of oilpans or something.
I think it's cool if anybody asks me about the V (except the cops when they stop me).

I don't expect them to know anything (that's why they are asking) and I think it is a big compliment to the V that it draws that kind of attention.
the only times i've ever been asked anything in deatil about the V were ironically enough at Lindsay the last couple times i've been there for oilchanges/service

Someone always comes up to me and asks what its got in it, or some other question. They've never seen one, or "i gotta get me one of those" is usually what i hear.
I think most "people" not just kids are easily influenced by trendy movies (ie Fast & Furious) and current social fads; most people want to run with the pack instead of lead it, or maybe it's just that they can't keep up with the V!! Even though most of the shit people ask is rediculous you have the same trendy movies to thank for even getting people to ask these questions; I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the horsepower wars have started up again in the past five years and at around the same time it became cool to talk about cars. Thank God for that because things were seeming bleek unless you wanted a Cobra or an M3.

--James
:werd:
I find it weird that people ask if it has a V12. I have been asked this NUMEROUS times; probably the most asked question I have received over the years. Very odd... Would be nice ;)
I think our younger members are offended.
Most Ricers know what the V is. I went to my 1st autocross to watch and noticed most of the racers were over 30 and not as many young guys as I expected and none of the typical ricers. There was only one WRX STI but I wouldn't called that one a ricer because it runs hard.
So my question is-why is it you see these riced up (fill in the blank) on the street but they don't/won't autocross?
My comments about the Ricer boy were not directed at the younger members of our forum. My observation was simply that the Ricer boy was not a true car enthusiast because of his lack of knowledge of the V.
I don't think you were pointing at our guys at all so I hope my comments didn't imply that.
your V doesn't have a V12???

Funny story, I saw an S600 with V12 badges on it... Now, I think the S600 does possibly have a V12, but there were V12 badges all over the car. Obviously added aftermarket. Even on the pillar behind the rear passenger window. Soooooo ghetto! So many stickers make me think it wasn't even an S600.
well some people know somethings and others know other things... I know the comment was'it at us on this forum but the young kids that just want fast cars. Not ever kid like me had a father who owned and worked on cars all his life... So i think i know somethings.

Short Story: I had this guy ask me what type of car it was (V) and I said it's a CADILLAC! the he goes what does it have a v12? i got Noooooo. It has a Corvette motor. Then after the light changed i was like what if it did have a v12..... such a small car and so much class mmmmmm
I'm just pissed I only had work trucks through my 20's. Then again, there was no V. You guys are lucky bastards as the H.P. wars make a mini-comeback. Congratulations you sons of bitches. By the way, tell ricer boy its a flex-fuel or a hybrid. I love using that one. I may even get an emblem and put it on the trunk where the CTS is.
Funny story, I saw an S600 with V12 badges on it... Now, I think the S600 does possibly have a V12, but there were V12 badges all over the car. Obviously added aftermarket. Even on the pillar behind the rear passenger window. Soooooo ghetto! So many stickers make me think it wasn't even an S600.
the badge behind the passenger window is stock, as well as one right behind the front wheel.

but i dont think those can haul ass... S62 or 55 on the otherhand...
As for the S600's; they are "proudly" badged in a number of places. Living in LA, I see the badge game played all the time...there's someone in my building with an E320, completely rebadged as an E55 right down to the Kompressor badges on the side...in short, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy decided to spend a hundred bucks on badges to be socially accepted. BTW, the more modern S600's rip! They're twin turbocharged V12's making 510hp and 612 lb/ft torque!! But I digress...I am quite definitely the biggest car geek I've ever met. I'm fascinated by just about anything with a motor and subsequently, have an appreciation for everything including, <gasp> some "rice rockets!" :hide: I've owned 18 different vehicles (including bikes, cars, race cars, karts, trucks) and don't see that trend stopping anytime soon!

-Erik Valdez
Circo Meta Forma
Graphic Design, Decals, Banners, T-Shirts, etc.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.