Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm back again with another issue. I am beginning to think I'm losing my reverse gear (auto trans). When I shift into reverse my car will hesitate in reverse no matter if it's a cold start or not. It's nothing super bad right now but a problem in the works. All other gears are fine also. I've searched around on here and have found no solid answer to my situation. I did have the trans cooler fail last year causing intermixed fluids so that could play a part in this. But does anyone have an idea if I'm losing reverse?

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
Hello all I'm back again with another issue. I am beginning to think I'm losing my reverse gear (auto trans). When I shift into reverse my car will hesitate in reverse no matter if it's a cold start or not. It's nothing super bad right now but a problem in the works. All other gears are fine also. I've searched around on here and have found no solid answer to my situation. I did have the trans cooler fail last year causing intermixed fluids so that could play a part in this. But does anyone have an idea if I'm losing reverse?
If you had the mix a year ago and did not remove all the coolant from the tranny 2-3 changes of fluid I would quickly try another tranny fluid and filter change and that might save you're reverse.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you had the mix a year ago and did not remove all the coolant from the tranny 2-3 changes of fluid I would quickly try another tranny fluid and filter change and that might save you're reverse.
Cadillac flushed all fluids and replaced the trans filter as well with a new radiator. The fluid sat for 1 night mixed then was drained the next day and flushed throughly so they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts