Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS Coupe 2.0T Luxury, formerly 2011 CTS Coupe Performance
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is a brewing issue or just a glitch.

Seems like a lot of the time when I go into reverse, the image is blinky and unstable, like a tv with vertical hold problems. It stabilizes quickly and stays that way, but it's a little disconcerting when it first comes on.

If it's the camera itself, that probably isn't a big deal, but if it's some kind of connection on the way back or the switch, that might be a bigger deal in the future.

Is this within the range of normal, or something I should bring up with the dealer while still in warranty?

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
1,002 Posts
Mine does this kind of regularly. For me it's not a big deal, it's still doing what I need it to do, BUT, if you find a fix, I'd be very interested to hear it!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah it doesn't bother me very much. But it occurs to me that it may not be ideal. I have a couple of years left on CPO, so I guess I'll see what happens.

Also, it hasn't happened since I posted, with 3-4 car starts and reverses in the interim. So maybe I shouldn't say "a lot," but regularly enough that I notice it.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS Coupe 3.6 Performance AWD
146 Posts
I'm convinced this out of nowhere and gone again flicker is not the camera, but instead the contact on the shifter when it slips into reverse.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could well be. Since asking, it hasn't done it once. I have this vague idea that sometimes it does it when wet out, but I can't be certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts