Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a repatriating Canadian that bought my first Cadillac at a dealership in Edmonton! Looking forward to the experience!

I bought a 2019 base model XT5 dealership service loaner with about 7,000 kms on the dial. I got a pretty smokin' deal on it compared prices in America - it seems Canadian prices for autos are about 10-15% cheaper on a same dollar basis. Or at least that was the case in January when I bought it. The gap is now probably 15-20% given the pandemic-based foreign exchange move.

Unfortunately, Despite owning this nice ride since the end of January, I haven't see it in person and don't expect to until September or October as the pandemic has postponed my return. So please free to drown my sorrows in a beer for me this weekend.

The base model comes with leatherette, so I had the faces of the front two seats resurfaced with Katzkin vanilla leather. Here's picture the recovering company sent me. They could not remove the Cadillac decal from the leatherette and reinstall it on the new leather, so I had them leave that as leatherette. They said the Katzkin Vanilla leather is virtually indistinguishable from the leatherette, so I'm hoping I will be happy with it. Katzkin did not have an XT5 seat pattern, so they had to order an uncut piece of leather and used the leatherette panels for template to cut the leather panels. They then had to resew the panels together and install the seats. Total cost was $1,850 Can before taxes, or about 5% of what I paid for the Caddy. Perforated leather in the butt area to improve the heated seats would have been almost grand more because they would have had to buy a whole perforated sheet of leather for those few panels, so I tool a pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 SRX Turbo
69 Posts
Looks like a very good match, and a good choice going with real leather. Nothing feels quite like it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts