Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 300C - Looking at CT6
92 Posts
To be honest, it is not that useful. I keep it turned off all the time on my car. It responds too slowly to oncoming traffic, so you end up having to 'babysit' it, or else you blind other drivers, which defeats the purpose. Also, it adds that ugly sensor behind the rearview mirror - looks like small camera -

I would not worry about not having it - arguably one of the least useful features in the car.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
To be honest, it is not that useful. I keep it turned off all the time on my car. It responds too slowly to oncoming traffic, so you end up having to 'babysit' it, or else you blind other drivers, which defeats the purpose. Also, it adds that ugly sensor behind the rearview mirror - looks like small camera -

I would not worry about not having it - arguably one of the least useful features in the car.
Interesting.... I like mine, but find that it is a little TOO sensitive. I leave it "ON" all the time. It VERY SELDOM ever goes to bright, when I am in town. On the highway, it is a lot better.

Jim from Texas

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Can the Intellibeam light system be retrofitted to my 2007 Lux I DTS?
Probably could be. I would first check to see if the wiring is already in place up to the mirror. If not, I seriously doubt that it would ever be worth it, because of the expense and trouble of wiring it in to the system. Would probably need a Tect 2 to reprogram the right modules to make it fundtion properly.

Jim from Texas

·
Registered
2007 DTS Lux I Glacier White
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies.
I contacted GM customer support and my Cadillac dealer, and they both indicate the Intellibeam system is only a factory-at-time-of-build item, and that they do not offer or support any retrofit of that system. Even so, I was hoping for some kind of 'GM-GeekSquad' aftermarket resource.

cbustertx,
original post

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Thank you all for your replies.
I contacted GM customer support and my Cadillac dealer, and they both indicate the Intellibeam system is only a factory-at-time-of-build item, and that they do not offer or support any retrofit of that system. Even so, I was hoping for some kind of 'GM-GeekSquad' aftermarket resource.

cbustertx,
original post
The electronics and features of todays cars are so tightly integrated that the days of dealer installed accessories are just about a thing of the past. Aftermarket kits have become so complicated to cover all the bases that they are also scarce and expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts