Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 STS, 03 Deville, Past '01' Seville, '96' Deville, '87' Deville, '95' ElDo
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere on here of how to retrieve the obd 1 codes(1995 ElDorado) but can't find it again. Could someone refresh me on the procedure? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! My traction control is disabled, and I want to find the culprit sensor(on which wheel) from what I understand it will disable the 1st gear on the shifting of the transmission and mine not going into 1st. Also try to find the problem of why its not going into OD. Approx. 3000 rpm at 60 mph is not good on gas mileage. Anyone have any info on the not shifting into OD?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,703 Posts
Your transmission has 4 speeds + a torque converter (lockup) clutch.

From a gentle accelerating start you should feel/see (DIC tach) 3 distinct shifts: 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. As the speed increases past 42 mph or so, as you ease off the accelerator to hold speed, there should be another 300 (?) rpm drop as the TCC kicks in.

No 1st gear and no shift to 4th and TCC ? You got problems. Do the code pull previously posted.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,936 Posts
Thanks a lot! My traction control is disabled, and I want to find the culprit sensor(on which wheel) from what I understand it will disable the 1st gear on the shifting of the transmission and mine not going into 1st. Also try to find the problem of why its not going into OD. Approx. 3000 rpm at 60 mph is not good on gas mileage. Anyone have any info on the not shifting into OD?
Not sure OBDI will show those codes. My '92 Deville did not show it when my wheel speed sensor went out. It just lit the SES light, but did not show any chassis codes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ran the test, results:
T027 ........................................ LF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault
T073 .......................... PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault
And the dreaded
P056 (E056) ........................................ Transmission Input Speed Sensor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T027 is your problem. Replace the hub & bearing assembly.
Really, the hub and bearing assembly, and not just the sensor? Just doesn't make sense to me, thought a noisy bearing problem would warrant a change
of hard parts. But I'm probably wrong due to the electronics factor.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,936 Posts
The sensor is integral to the hub. It is not serviceable. It's not a terribly hard job. It will look like this. (Note the sensor plug)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, now it makes sense, have to change the entire assembly to get the sensor to work and other things to work, yea I can change that, thanks a lot for you help in this matter........ Boy, this is not like the old days of points and condensers, generators, and big steering wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts