Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Eldorado, triple black; 89 Allante, pearl white
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might be of interest to other Allante fans...a retractable hardtop Allante. This apparently one-of-a-kind concept car is currently for sale. The Ebay link will show pictures of this very interesting car.

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Allante-Allante-1993-Cadillac-Allante-Retractable-Hard-Top-Concept-Car_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ5349QQihZ009QQitemZ190133883280QQrdZ1"

Now where did I put that lottery ticket?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Go to the "main" Allante page. The one with all the different thread listings. Then. near the top, hit the "new thread" button - then figure out a title for your thread and then ask your question!

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
ebay item # 190133883280
NOT SOLD .. high bid was $50,000

PU125102

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
Definitely shill! Who can not see that! Starting bid was $50,000 and it shows that at $50,000 the reserve is not met. Any smuck with $.50 in their pocket can bid $50,000 knowing they have no way of paying and absolutely no responsibility or ramifications for bidding the 50k. Joe is correct! 1993 Cadillac : Allante Allante Item number: 190133883280 Current bid: US $50,000.00 Reserve not met Get low monthly payments Ended: Jul-27-07 15:02:38 PDT Shipping: Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available. Sells to: United States Item location: Tucson, AZ

·
Banned
Is one enough ?
645 Posts
come on guys ..

if the reserve is $100,000 and only one bid is lets say $75,000, ebay will only show the opening bid at $50,000. That will remain until there is a 2nd bid, then it will climb to reflect the 1st bid + the next bid.

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
Does anybody know what happened to this car? I have the 300zx that was ASC's precurser to the Allante.....check it out on Facebook, tons of info and it refences the Allante

since I can not post a webpage, go to Facebook and become a fan of "ASC 300zx Spyder" to see the articles.

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
When you get to 60 the memory goes first. I think I remember a post on Allante.com (allantenet) that says this was recently purchased and stored at the Petersen Museum in L.A. My search capability times out if I attempt to search back more than a year. Chief you are on that site often, can you help?

·
Registered
1992 Allante
231 Posts
Does anybody know what happened to this car? I have the 300zx that was ASC's precurser to the Allante.....check it out on Facebook, tons of info and it refences the Allante

since I can not post a webpage, go to Facebook and become a fan of "ASC 300zx Spyder" to see the articles.
Awesome - I just became a fan. Would love to see it in person.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
186 Posts
When you get to 60 the memory goes first. I think I remember a post on Allante.com (allantenet) that says this was recently purchased and stored at the Petersen Museum in L.A. My search capability times out if I attempt to search back more than a year. Chief you are on that site often, can you help?
Bill... I don't know about the recent purchase but it was owned by Roder and Theresa Steilen of Tucson, Arizona. Roger had known about this unique Allante for years prior to ownership.

GM had this particular car prototyped in probably late 1992, or early 1993 by ACS (American Sunroof Corporation), just for shows to to showcase their retractable hardtop technology. GM knew that that in oder for the Allante to be successful in the next generation, they would need a power top.

Roger had tried to buy the car numerous times from the owner of ASC who always turned him down. He was finally successful in 2004 when he bought the car from the estate.

If he sold it, then I have no idea because he was a SERIOUS Allante enthusiast from the day they came off the assembly line. He supplied the Allantes for the movie "Terminal Velocity" (starring Charlie Sheen). He had at least a dozen, or so, Allante parts cars that he sold parts from. Back in 1998 Tom Rohner (The Allante Store) bought out his entire inventory.

There was an article on this car back in 2006 in the ACA "Insider" Magazine with pix of the retractable top.

Chief

1 - 12 of 12 Posts