Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question Regarding Release Of New Styled Dts

Is It The Opinion Of Most On This Site Based On What You Have Read That A New Restyled Deville Dts Will Not Be Coming Out Till Late 2006 As A 2007 Model. Therefore The New Restyled Sts Is Coming Out Two Years Earlier. I Have A 200o Dts With Navigation.

Thanks For Your Help

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Re: Question Regarding Release Of New Styled Dts

mraccountant said:
Is It The Opinion Of Most On This Site Based On What You Have Read That A New Restyled Deville Dts Will Not Be Coming Out Till Late 2006 As A 2007 Model. Therefore The New Restyled Sts Is Coming Out Two Years Earlier. I Have A 200o Dts With Navigation.

Thanks For Your Help
Dont u just hate ure navigation? i have a 2000 dts with nav ...that thing has such a crappy design sometimes i wanan rip it out and put a stock radio back in. im tryin to get a dvd nav swap...i hope it would work.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts

The STS will be available this summer and yes I would agree on your timing for the DTS. The only thing unresolved is that Cadillac had hinted at 2007, but did not sayif that was model year or calender year

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts

I've Never Seen Anyone Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence Before!

Based on what a Caddy salesman told me recently, your suspicions are almost correct. He said that 2007 is when the next DeVille should come out. Normally I would've assumed that he meant as a 2007 model, but he said something about the current DeVille having an 8-year-run. So I think he meant that the 2008 model would be the new design.

But we all know salesmen lie.

·
Registered
4 Posts

mraccountant said:
Is It The Opinion Of Most On This Site Based On What You Have Read That A New Restyled Deville Dts Will Not Be Coming Out Till Late 2006 As A 2007 Model.
Here's a quote from a news story that appeared in the 10/23/03 issue
of the Detroit Free Press.

"A redesigned DeVille will walk a tightrope when it debuts early in 2005. It will look like the angular new generation of Cadillacs while retaining its front-drive layout and catering to an older, more-conservative customer."

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts

Thats interesting. I wonder if that a mid-cycle freshening or the brand new deville. The only reason I wonder is tat they are calling it Deville instead of DTS.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Brett said:
Thats interesting. I wonder if that a mid-cycle freshening or the brand new deville. The only reason I wonder is tat they are calling it Deville instead of DTS.
An additional excerpt from the same article:

<<Without being specific, LaNeve said the big sedan's midlife face-lift will call for an exterior that's clearly related to the CTS and STS, but in a milder form. The car's name will change to DTS, but it will remain front-wheel drive and the price will remain in the $45,000 to $50,000 range, he said.

"It will have a totally new interior and electronics," LaNeve said. The interior design will build upon the XLR roadster, a model that successfully combines Cadillac's edgy exterior look with softer and more luxurious materials than the CTS and SRX.

Cadillac will keep its options open for the next all-new DeVille, expected around 2008.>>

·
Registered
22 Posts

Brett said:
I remember reading that the deville will get in cosmetic redesign sooner than 2007, but will get rwd by 2008.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts

Elvis said:
I've Never Seen Anyone Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence Before!
Oh My God! I Am Guilty Of That Sometimes. I Don't Know Why I Do It. It's Some Kind Of Obsession. I Try Hard To Not Do It.....But Every Once In A While It - Or Something, Comes Over Me, That I Cannot Control, And I Get Some Kinda Great Pleasure From Doing It. I Don't Think I Have Ever Done It On This Board, Before, But I Have Done It Elsewhere. Nobody Ever Questioned It, However. It;s Some Sort of Sexual Urge, I Think, But I Don't Understand It :)

S A N D Y

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I Started Doing It Only When I was Pissed About Something, And Before You Know It....I Was Doing It All The Time. I Try Real Hard Not To...But It Overwhelmes Me. I Pray I could Stop. It's called "Capitalitis" ! Lefties Never Get It, I Was Told. It's More Common In Polish Nationalities And Also Hawaiian And Also Jewish Religion, and And More Common In Men!!
A Guy With A Hawaiian Mother & A Polish Father, Who Is A Rightiee, and Is Jewish is Damn Doomed!!! I Am Having Kilbasea Tonight Before I Go To Temple! Alot Of Purchasing Agents Frequently Do It At Work!!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
No, It Becomes A Natural Thing. No Sweat. HELP ME!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts