Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V6 AWD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2006 Cadillac STS V6 AWD LY7 that's currently running rich with 65k miles. In the next day or two I'm replacing the MAP and MAF sensors and the intake manifold tuning valve. I have recently replaced the throttle body, fuel injectors, fuel rail, fuel filter, evap canister, K&N Air filter and cleaned lots of carbon build up from the intake manifold to the valves. I have also made the holes in the PCV valve slightly larger based on several recommendations concerning crank case pressure and lots of blow by on the engine and most gaskets needing replaced which I did.

My question is as far as the car adjusting air/fuel mixtures is there any advantage to resetting the ECM ? Is there anything I need to do instead of or in addition to resetting the ECM? Thank you !

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
544 Posts
Once I had a restricted cat which caused that bank to run rich. The problem got so bad the car would have problems climbing a hill. I removed the restriction and car ran like new instantly. YMMV Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V6 AWD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I had a restricted cat which caused that bank to run rich. The problem got so bad the car would have problems climbing a hill. I removed the restriction and car ran like new instantly. YMMV Good Luck.
I appreciate it, I'm hoping I'm not quite there I'm not really having performance issues other than MPG's in the toilet and the gas and oil smell if it runs in the driveway near the garage for a minute make you think it's different smelling diesel. When you say removed the restriction did you, ya know remove the restriction completely?? If so any advice on that and did your gas mileage improve?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know. Would an inch and a half spade drill bit be completely? Yes on gas mileage back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V6 AWD
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. Would an inch and a half spade drill bit be completely? Yes on gas mileage back to normal.
Excellent, thank you again for replying. If I may ask one more question of you. If the car where in the air above you and you're underneath on the drivers side looking up. Where did you drill the hole at and any negative consequence like smelling exhaust at traffic lights or it being overly loud?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Check your PM. Note I am in a no emissions test state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts