Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get a recommendation for a reputable, skillful and most importantly, HONEST garage that is in Los Angeles, preferably in the Valley. I have been taking my car to the dealership since I bought my car, and I just brought it in because I felt something weird with the idling. It was diagnosed with a misfire and they're replacing the spark plug and it's going to cost $700. (Is this high?) The service tech says it takes 3 hours to do.

On top of that, they are "recommending" to do a fuel injector and throttle body service next month which is another $400-$500. (Can someone tell me if these prices are justified? Apparently, it's $180/hour at the dealership.)

Would love recommendations on amazing mechanics in my area! Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,131 Posts
I don't know your geographic proximity, but put heads together with this poster with exactly the same iaaue:

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
126 Posts
I've been passively looking around and about the only specialized independent shop I can find is out in Cathedral City, Dare Cadillac. A bit farther than I would like to go. I'm still looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts