Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ats
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i guess iam gonna hear there is a thread , ive looked but cant see one.

i bought a 2 day old fob for my 2014 ats without the remote start , (the fob is used but 1 week old) the fob is fully functionnal and was changed only because the owner got the remote start added on after the purchase.

so i lost my fob and bought his for 60$ sweet!

thing is,
caddy cant program it and this is not the first, iam up to my second fob . the number inside is right , i dont want to buy another to get told its whatever story , they want 225 at the dealer for a new one (besides the key) , iam trying to save a little ,
ive tried prograsmming the thing myself , and the steps are easy, but it dont work , and even the dealer tried , and even with the computer reprogrammer it dont work!!

ive heard the thing on the interwebs saying it may be blocked? i dont believe that , a fob is a transmitter how can you shut it off or block it?
so now iam up to 2x 44 $ for trying to program this thing at cadillac and nothings going.

anyone have any kind of idea? , now they ordered a brand new one and will try it on the car and if that works i guess its the fob? but how and why it dot work?
but if its not the fob and the new one wont program ( iam hoping) they will have to gimme back some money and find out why this dont work.

the steps are real easy 5 times with the key and click here and there and all is done ... lol but why it dont work with me ia allways my dang luck!!

so if anybody out there has a idea please let me know because iam baffled to the max here and getting p off thanks

jack

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts

·
Registered
ats
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did that, they ordered a new one to test , iam hoping it dont work then its the cars fault . lol and they will owe me back money!!

·
Registered
ats
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have news on the reprogramming a fob.!!
well it goes like this!! when buying a used fob , you have to be sure that the dealer has not dummied up the fob, what i mean is make it unusable!! yeah they can do that!
i bought one from ebay and got it refunded, then bought 1 from a guy near me , and both were unusable , but i found a place that refurbishes a unusable one, freshcarkeys , ask for jeff ,
check the site out and they are legit , i got mine done and with the key is 18$ new uncut key,
they one that i bought near me was a guy had the same car as me , then after a week wanted to add on the remote start , so the old fob (1 week old ) is no longer the same , so they (dealer) cancels the old one!! , nice way to make money
i know this cause i paid up alot to learn so if i can help anyone out i will try ,
oh and to program is very easy also,
i will add it here soon if anybody needs it , (dealer asks 40$ to do this , and it takes 1 minute lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts