Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word that I'm going to have to replace the Pump and Motor for the
rear lift gate for the 2nd time in less than ONE YEAR!!! Cadillac will not cover
the warranty because the motor is wet. Its wet because of the design!!!!! I
called Cadillac and asked what can be done and why this hasn't been
recalled yet. I was informed if enough people reported it, It could get
recalled. I'm sure most just get upset but don't take the time to call and report
w/ Cadillac. Please report the problems you have with them so hopefully we
can get a Recall to help with the constant repairs for the same things! Call
(800) 333-4223

·
Registered
2014 SRX Luxury
95 Posts
Cadillac has known this for years. It's not a new phenomenon. I had to remove my headliner and found the drain hose to the rear split at where it pushed onto the nipple. I repaired the split hose and then drilled a hole in the bottom of the tire well so water will drain out instead of collecting and damaging the pump and module assembly. Cadillac didn't care when they were replacing them under warranty and they don't care now that they are out of production. If you don't repair the leak at least drill the hole. It will get you more satisfaction than any Cadillac action....

·
Registered
2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD
363 Posts
The OP doesn't mention the year of the car or the mileage or whether it was new or used when purchased.

But bottom line, this is very old news. Cadillac had been receiving complaints of the problem early on and refused to consider a fix once the warranty had expired. The idea that our calling en mass will cause GM to recall ten-year-old cars because of a lift gate failure doesn't seem likely.

jack vines

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't give up hope !! Don't allow the naysayers to dissuade you.
I've had my 2012 SRX Luxury for four years now.
My rear sunroof drain line(s) have been clogged twice. The first time I had to replace my lift gate control module ($600) DIY price. Then paid $1000 to have the drain hoses cleared. Of course, the following spring they clogged again due to pollen from trees that turned to paste inside the hoses. This second time the hydraulic pump and the lift gate module failed. I now walk to the back to lift the lift gate like my fore fathers did. Which is not my point -- my point is about not giving up complaining to Big Cadillac.
because of all the SRX owners complaining about the guaranteed dimming of the low beam headlights -- three days ago I got a letter from BigCaddy saying they will subsidise my low beam replacement up to $1600.
Complaining to BC works !! And I will be phoning them Monday about the lift gate.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Luxury
95 Posts
Did you read the letter on your lights? The letter I got was I would have to pay the $1600.00 to the dealer and then file the claim. If GM decides it wants to be benevolent they would reimburse. If they deny the claim then the dealer made $1600 and GM got you to spend money with them. If GM were serious about the problem they would accept the claim and pay the dealer. I'm not saying they will decline your claim but I'm not willing to gamble that they won't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you read the letter on your lights? The letter I got was I would have to pay the $1600.00 to the dealer and then file the claim. If GM decides it wants to be benevolent they would reimburse. If they deny the claim then the dealer made $1600 and GM got you to spend money with them. If GM were serious about the problem they would accept the claim and pay the dealer. I'm not saying they will decline your claim but I'm not willing to gamble that they won't.
"Did you read the letter..."? With all due respect sir, had I not read the letter I wouldn't know to post "they will subsidize my low beam replacement up to $1600."
As to your trust issues with Big Cadillac, okay, fair enough.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Luxury
95 Posts
"Did you read the letter..."? With all due respect sir, had I not read the letter I wouldn't know to post "they will subsidize my low beam replacement up to $1600."
As to your trust issues with Big Cadillac, okay, fair enough.
The letter I received told me to take it to the dealer and pay for the repair, then turn it into GM for approval. It said nothing about subsidize, it said it would pay upon approval. Or to translate, "it's a definite maybe"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.