Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting kind of board with my Caddy (I guess I am hitting my 13 year slump). so I am trying to pretty it up, fix a few things do a couple of tasteful dealer options and maybe put dual exhaust for kicks and grins. I want to buy wheels like these from Coker. Coker's site says they are tubeless, but a lot of other sites that offer wheel and tire packages include tubes for some reason. I would rather go tubeless. I am doing a 1.6" wide whitewall so it will look dealer installed. It will look exactly like this.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
The wires go through the rim and can leak when they get old or abused. They have a rubber strip that goes around the inside of the rim that covers where the spoke enters the rim so it doesnt leak. Some people put tubes as an extra precaution but they are not needed. I wouldt get the tubes but thats just me. I think youll be alright without them.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
I'm not running tubes, although my rims are a little different.

·
Registered
93 Flleetwood
13 Posts
Only people i read about running tubes are the lowriders that do a lot of hopping. If the rims say tubeless i wouldn't put tubes in them. I have a different style wire wheel with no tubes and no problems.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If the wheel manufacturer says they don't use tubes don't use them. If the wheels leak air and the manufacturer doesn't do anything for you then go for the tubes. Maybe they are prone to leaking and that's why the companies who sell the wheel & tire package includes them, or they are just covering themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts