Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Looking for a recommendation for a replacement battery for a 2000 Deville (Vented Battery, Mounts Under The Rear Seat).

Can I use an Optima thats sealed or any sealed battery for that matter or does it require vents?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
03 DTS
225 Posts
I am wondering if the Optima will fit. I have used them faithfully for years but don't know if it fits under the seat. Since they vent nothing it would seem like a good place to use one. Anyone using the optima under the 200-2003 deville seat?

·
Registered
03 STS, 97 STS, 58 Eldo
275 Posts
stick with the delco 79 series...needs to vent, dont want that leaking under the seat releasing vapors or acid on the wiring...if you can find another brand that has the vents and is sealed then good...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stick with the delco 79 series...needs to vent, dont want that leaking under the seat releasing vapors or acid on the wiring...if you can find another brand that has the vents and is sealed then good...
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought fully sealed batteries didn't need any kind of venting, so basically if it fit in place it should work out fine. I was just looking to get somthing that was better than the OEM one, which I belive that the optima line may be...

Anyone else have experience?

·
Registered
98 STS
295 Posts
sears die hard works just fine, mine is vented under the back seat.
It is a good ideaa to check them at least once a month my pos treminal corroded and ate a hole in my floorboard and i didn't even know it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts