Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 STS coming up on 3 years on a 48 month lease 30,000 miles on the car. Tires showing signs of wear and I suspect by the time I turn it in it will need tires. So here is the question. Do I put a set on now and enjoy driving on some new sneakers? Does anyone think it's possible the existing tires will have enough meat left after 48,000 to turn it in? Thanks

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
How deep are the treads? If you don't think they'll last, what about buying tires for yourself and swapping the old ones back on when you turn the car in? Would that make sense in your situation?

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a bad idea and if I was younger or more ambitious would definately consider doing that but storage space is also a problem. I don't think I could even get them home from the tire place if I wanted to. Trunk space is not that generous in this car.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I am not a supporting member and probably have no room to complain but I think it doesn't belong here either. This area is for "Discussions relating to improving the handling, ride and stopping-power of your Cadillac."
My question was a general one regarding strategy of an equipment replacement as it relates to the lease expiration date that really has nothing to do specifically with a Cadillac. I mentioned my car as an illustration of my question. It had nothing at all to do with handling, ride or stopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts