Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the following link and have a few questions
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/mshifter/index.html

It says for the UUC shifter ignore steps 13, 14 and 15. Steps 13 and 14 talk about lowering the tranny. Since I don't have to do that (according to the FAQ), is it necessary to disconnect the drive shaft if I don't have to lower the tranny at all for the UUC shifter installation? Or am I reading something wrong?

Also in step 15 it talks about having to remove two pins holding the outside arms of the shoft-linkage. Wouldn't this have to be done for either the Mallet or UUC shifter??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Finally, I get the Beast back today with a new rear end. The dealer has had the car since last Friday. Since it has done nothing but rain here since Friday night, don't mind being without the Beast that much.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
BeastMaster said:

It says for the UUC shifter ignore steps 13, 14 and 15. Steps 13 and 14 talk about lowering the tranny. Since I don't have to do that (according to the FAQ), is it necessary to disconnect the drive shaft if I don't have to lower the tranny at all for the UUC shifter installation? Or am I reading something wrong?

Also in step 15 it talks about having to remove two pins holding the outside arms of the shoft-linkage. Wouldn't this have to be done for either the Mallet or UUC shifter??

Finally, I get the Beast back today with a new rear end. The dealer has had the car since last Friday. Since it has done nothing but rain here since Friday night, don't mind being without the Beast that much.

Never installed the UUC...but plenty of KATECH's.

I would without a doubt,....remove the driveshaft, to prevent articulation of the joints....I don't want you to break anything. So,..remove the driveshaft....

Step 15,..has to be done for the KATECH's....it's easy though. Take a flatbladed tool(screw driver)...and push up,..and then slide out. easy.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
BeastMaster said:

Someone would have to explain that one to me. The UUC is no different than any other shifter. You cannot get it out unless the tranny is lowered.
I also pull the solenoid on the drivers side to get access to the left clip. Its just one small bolt.

I only disconnect the shaft at the front and center support. I tie the senter up with wire to hold it. You can pull the whole thing if you want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts