Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XT5 PL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i purchased a set of puddle lights from Amazon as well, Sold by Kate'In Auto.....i hope they fit!!
I hope they do too as they are well worth what little bit of time it takes to install them
My second set was from ebay and they fit fine, I always try Amazon first because of the quick shipping.

·
Registered
2019 XT5 PL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I disagree..
The brown wire of the trailer connector is running lights. It won't flash. If connected to the white wire of the LED it should give you a less bright light when the running lights are on. Then the left red wire to the left turn of the trailer connector and the right red wire to the right turn of the trailer connector should give you brighter brake and turn signals.
I tried wiring these lights the same as how you would wire a flat plug trailer at first. There is no way to get all three functions of tail/turn/stop.....regular trailers have a ground and 3 wires, these lights have a ground and two other wires. I settled for turn signals and brake lights. I don't know if the difference is these having only 3 wires or the fact that regular trailer light bulbs have two filaments in them.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
186 Posts
Black of LED's to 4 way white (ground) Red wire of LED's to 4 way green on right and yellow on left for stop and turn signals. White of both LED's to 4 way brown for running lights. Each LED gets 3 wires. Each LED has brake, turn and running light.
The green and yellow wires provide both brake and turn signal functions on 1 wire.

·
Registered
2019 XT5 PL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Black of LED's to 4 way white (ground) Red wire of LED's to 4 way green on right and yellow on left for stop and turn signals. White of both LED's to 4 way brown for running lights. Each LED gets 3 wires. Each LED has brake, turn and running light.
The green and yellow wires provide both brake and turn signal functions on 1 wire.
If I can get a drawing made up of this I will try it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope they do too as they are well worth what little bit of time it takes to install them
My second set was from ebay and they fit fine, I always try Amazon first because of the quick shipping.
They should arrive this afternoon, keeping my fingers crossed that they fit......ive also ordered the light s from EBAY...hope these fit as well.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts