Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, 92 Sedan DeVille
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace all the stock speakers and upgrade, I was wondering if anyone has done this and what kind of speakers they used, which would be good, which should I avoid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
If you can afford them try to get rockford fosgate audiophiles they are excellent. Also super high end is focals and alpines are ok. Use crutchfield.com if your a do it yourselfer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out the JL Audio line of speakers. I installed a 10" sub-woofer (10 IB 40) with a JL Audio 250/1 amp...it improved the bass response tremendously on my STS.

I had JL 5"speakers and tweeters, and 10" sub-woofer wedge installed in my son's Prelude recently - he loves it!

Good luck.

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, 92 Sedan DeVille
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speakers

jerseyMan said:
Check out the JL Audio line of speakers. I installed a 10" sub-woofer (10 IB 40) with a JL Audio 250/1 amp...it improved the bass response tremendously on my STS.

I had JL 5"speakers and tweeters, and 10" sub-woofer wedge installed in my son's Prelude recently - he loves it!

Good luck.

Thanks, btw, where did you put the amp? did you install everything yourself?
Brandon

·
Registered
79 Posts
The amp is mounted in the trunk (pic available soon if you are intersted), attached physically to the back of the rear seat - takes up very little room. I had the work done (along with the complete head unit/speaker system for the Prelude) professionally - it wasn't worth trying to do it myself since it would only have been a modest savings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts