Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was thinking about replacing the plugs and wires when I put my new headers on. :yup: So I thought maybe you guys could help me by answering few questions...

1. Should I replace them? Just plugs or both?
2. What would I gain?
3. What kind of plugs and wires should I get?

I've done a search but still not sure which is best and I guess some of you have been riding around with new ones so I thought I would see what the feedback is after having them in for a while.

Thanks for your advice!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
NGK TR55's in my V, I always use them..:thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do I gain? If I spend that kinda money on plugs and wires I would like to gain something....HP, MPG, or something, ya know?

Thanks for the feedback!

T

·
0 Posts
Joey,
We replaced mine as well. Not sure of any gain though as all of my work eas done at once. I gained over 100 hp but not sure if any came from new plugs and wires. Good luck on your header install.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So no gains or any performance improvements, ey? If it's just for looks then I don't think I will do it for all that $$$ ya know? I mean my engine cover will hide them anyways I guess. I'm I missing anything? Thanks guys!

Any other opinions???

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
So no gains or any performance improvements, ey? If it's just for looks then I don't think I will do it for all that $$$ ya know? I mean my engine cover will hide them anyways I guess. I'm I missing anything? Thanks guys!

Any other opinions???
There is a hp gain, gap them at .045 for a n/a motor NGK TR55's and .040 for a power adder with NGK TR6's (supercharger, turbo, Nitrous)
Worth a few hp, really...:yup:

Bill

·
Registered
270 Posts
I plan on replacing mine with iridiums when the time comes. The Denso's have a .4 mm electrode where the NGK is like .8(I think). NGKs are a little cheaper.
I've used both the Bosh 4+ and the NGK iridiums in my Acura. I liked the Iridiums better. Plus, you can spray with iridiums, something you can NEVER do with platinum.

EDIT: The NGK part # is TR55IX for $6.95 on their site, Denso's is IT16 and are 11.99 each on their site.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
As soon as mine are due I'm replacing them. I believe that's at 100,000 miles. It'll be here sooner than you think.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heavymetals said:
Replaced the wires with Granatelli's and covered them with KOOL SOX.
Replaced the plugs with BOSCH 4 platinums.
I got everything from Mid America.
Link:http://www.madvet.com/
I found the Granatelli's @ madvet and I think I found the right BOSCH 4s here...

http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/SparkPlugs/PlatinumPlus4/

If you do a vehicle finder and put our Vs in it looks like the part # is 4458 "PLATINUM+4 OE Plug is Platinum; Do Not Gap"

Can someone confim that part number? I guess we don't mess with the gap, right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts