Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im replacing the front passenger quarter,

hood and header panel. ive never done this before. i think all the parts just bolt on and off. can anyone give me any input on this subject. im using someone elses garage to do the work so i gotta get it done quick. im hoping to get it all figured out before i start the project. thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I have done the Passenger side fender and Hood on my 87. don't think there would be mcuh difference. It is actualy easer than you would think. If i rember right there are 3 or 4 screws across the top half 2 or 3 under neath (may have to remove some of the body trim to get fender in and out) and i belive 2 behind the head light. Your problem will be ligning the seems up right. It was anoying for me to do alone. but it can be done. As for the hood.. that is easey. I just removed the clips from the hood shocks that atatched to the hood and left the shocks sitting on the car. and unbolted what need to be un bolted. this is of course asuming the 83 is the same or very similer to my 87. If you are going to replace the hood too remove it first and when you put the fender back on don't tighten down all the bolts leave them lose enough to slide it around when you put the hood back on so it can be aligned. The way i did mine was but the fend on and then hood. aligned the hood with the other fender and grill and then lined up the fender i replaced. The hood will be the most anoying to do by your self but it can be done. As for the header panel.. I am not sure what that is. Hope this helps some at lesat. Good luck.

oh. and i almost forgot. if your power antan is behind the fender you are replacing you may need to remove it to make it easer. to get to it on mine all you have to do is remove the inside fender cover in the wheel wel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts