Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's my problem I have a 98 deville and im planning on replacing all speakers and the head unit this weekend. My question there is a speaker on top of the dash I think its a 4x6 but i dont want to replace it, can I just leave it there and still use it with the new head unit and speakers or it would be best if I just disconnect it and leave it there or should I replace it as well????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Greencaddy98 said:
OK here's my problem I have a 98 deville and im planning on replacing all speakers and the head unit this weekend. My question there is a speaker on top of the dash I think its a 4x6 but i dont want to replace it, can I just leave it there and still use it with the new head unit and speakers or it would be best if I just disconnect it and leave it there or should I replace it as well????
Well it really doesn't matter what you want to do with it..Since the Factory amp is going to be running it there shouldn't be any problem..Kat is right also..i mean you just dumped a few hundred bucks on some new speakers and a few hundred more on a deck so you might as well replace that too...it is going to be a B*&^% to do though..
Have you decided what your going to do with the wiring? Are you going to just re-wire the system or get that wire harness i suggested from www.installer.com? BTW what kind of speakers are you going to be putting in there and what kind of head unit have you picked out? I have a 1993 Eldorado that i put in a Alpine CDA-9811. This thing does it all..It has a built in Crossover that i can adjust and it also has built in Time correction which i can adjust aswell..Man this deck rocks!!! It also has a seperate sub out so i can add a sub and a amp and control it from the deck, without having to re-wire the system due to adding another amp..XM ready changer control Tilt face...What can i say this head unit ROCKS !!! Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anothercaddiowner said:
Well it really doesn't matter what you want to do with it..Since the Factory amp is going to be running it there shouldn't be any problem..Kat is right also..i mean you just dumped a few hundred bucks on some new speakers and a few hundred more on a deck so you might as well replace that too...it is going to be a B*&^% to do though..
Have you decided what your going to do with the wiring? Are you going to just re-wire the system or get that wire harness i suggested from www.installer.com? BTW what kind of speakers are you going to be putting in there and what kind of head unit have you picked out? I have a 1993 Eldorado that i put in a Alpine CDA-9811. This thing does it all..It has a built in Crossover that i can adjust and it also has built in Time correction which i can adjust aswell..Man this deck rocks!!! It also has a seperate sub out so i can add a sub and a amp and control it from the deck, without having to re-wire the system due to adding another amp..XM ready changer control Tilt face...What can i say this head unit ROCKS !!! Good luck
Well i bought a pioneer 6400 head unit and pioneer speakers also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Greencaddy98