Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
None
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the door sill plate on the driver's side no longer lights up. I'm assuming whatever type of bulb has gone out. Is it easy to get to in order to replace it? We have a 2012 model.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
142 Posts
From what I've read on this forum, check for voltage. If it's getting power, the plate is defective. I suspect the dealer will just want to sell you a new sill plate, but if you were determined I'd think you could repair that sill somehow. Maybe searching on ebay for the sill plate would give you a clue as to whether the LED/bulb is a replaceable item.

Not sure if this is any help, but figure any reply is better than no reply.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
157 Posts
the easiest no-technical way to do this is to take the good one and plug it into the connector on the bad side, if it lights up its the bulb if it does not then you have a wiring problem, i would imagine the led's are not easily replaced, may have to spring for as new set of plates?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, but I got it figured. Doesn't work if you only open the passenger side. I've only had this car for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 Engine
157 Posts
well i'll be &^$& you are correct mine does the same thing - one would thin it did not matter which door one opened

steve

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
142 Posts
No kidding? Heck, now I'm going to have to go try that.....

One thing I did notice today was with the door open the sill faded out before the interior lights dimmed. Normal too?

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
142 Posts
Yep, same here. Pass door open, no pass sill light. Drivers door open first, pass sill lights up when door is opened. Close drivers door, pass sill remains lit. No wonder people think these things aren't working right. Anybody else thankful for this forum? If I hadn't found this place might hot have even bought one of these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts