Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to replace the brakes on a 2008 DTS (5 lug rotor) for the first time.

I purchased AC Delco 14D784CH and 14D792CH brake pads that were supposedly an exact match. However, the pads and brackets seem quite different than the old pads/brackets (please see pictures). Are these pads really suppose to be the correct ones or did I somehow order the wrong ones?

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
38 Posts
I just did all mine yesterday 4 new cross drilled and slotted rotors pads, brackets, grease, brake cleaner and brake fluid all to my door 129 shipped with tax. Those brackets and pads look exactly like what I have. The fronts are bigger than the rears in my case too. You can see your old bracket and your new one just swap them out,

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chicago1,

Thanks for the reply.

I was a little surprised the new pads and old were not the exact same dimensions. They were quite different. I was also surprised when I looked online at O'Reileys website and found they sold front brakes with two different shapes and both indicated they fit my car.

Also, the hardware for the new pads was twice the width of the ones on the car. Is that normal as well? That seem like that might interfere with the operation of the caliper, etc.

One final question: where did you order your rotors and brakes from ?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
449 Posts
I ran into the same problem. I got my pads at O'Reily's. My front pads are larger than the back ones.

I believe the pad sizes are optional when you buy you car, so you have to know what options you have.
My front pads are metalic and my rear pads are ceramic.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
38 Posts
Hi Chicago1,

Thanks for the reply.

I was a little surprised the new pads and old were not the exact same dimensions. They were quite different. I was also surprised when I looked online at O'Reileys website and found they sold front brakes with two different shapes and both indicated they fit my car.

Also, the hardware for the new pads was twice the width of the ones on the car. Is that normal as well? That seem like that might interfere with the operation of the caliper, etc.

One final question: where did you order your rotors and brakes from ?

Thanks,
Rob
Rob, my hardware was the same size I got my stuff from Detroit Axle online from ebay

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac DTS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Chicago1 and Rockhound. I heard back from ACdelco and they were the incorrect brake pads that I had purchased for both the front and the back. After I received the correct pads, they matched up perfectly.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts