Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,008 Posts
That's a pretty subjective area of opinion. You might want to read a slew of reviews of different tires in www.tirerack.com.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What tires do you currently have installed? The OEM tires on our 2018 was the Premier LTX which wore very quickly and need to be replaced at 23K. They are very soft tires, and perform well, but that softness equals accelerated wear that many report. Pretty upsetting considering they are advertised as a 60K tire. We did get an adjustment from Michelin and they agreed to let us switch to the Primacy Tour A/S which is what Cadillac has moved to after the Premier LTX, and they seem to be doing pretty good - So far. I'm not sure if the Primacy Tour is still the OEM tire.

If you already have the Primacy Tour and you are stating they are wearing fast, that's obviously bad news for me. I would definitely go to another manufacture if that turns out to be the case. I would probably lean towards Goodyear myself. Hopefully that's not the case.

·
Registered
2021 Premium Luxury AWD Garnet
9 Posts
What tires do you currently have installed? The OEM tires on our 2018 was the Premier LTX which wore very quickly and need to be replaced at 23K. They are very soft tires, and perform well, but that softness equals accelerated wear that many report. Pretty upsetting considering they are advertised as a 60K tire. We did get an adjustment from Michelin and they agreed to let us switch to the Primacy Tour A/S which is what Cadillac has moved to after the Premier LTX, and they seem to be doing pretty good - So far. I'm not sure if the Primacy Tour is still the OEM tire.

If you already have the Primacy Tour and you are stating they are wearing fast, that's obviously bad news for me. I would definitely go to another manufacture if that turns out to be the case. I would probably lean towards Goodyear myself. Hopefully that's not the case.
I have the Primacy Tour on my 2021.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury
49 Posts
I just replaced the factory Michelins worn out at 31, 000. I put Firestone Destination LE3's on. The Firestones give a quiet, smooth ride, much better the factory Michelins 235-55-20

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Premium Luxury
127 Posts
I have the Michelin Premier LTX on my '18, with 22,000+ miles and they're fine, I think I'd get the same thing when replacement time comes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's a pretty subjective area of opinion. You might want to read a slew of reviews of different tires in www.tirerack.com.
Could not be any truer statement. Driving behavior, load, road conditions, vehicle maintenance, tire maintenance, the list goes on and on to support that the evaluation of tires is a very subjective endeavor. I'm an avid motorcyclist. Holy cow, the differing opinions of the same tire, on the same bike, in the riding community has frequently wound up in keyboard wars (which is both stupid and funny).

Anyhow, I went with Continentals on my 18 Premium Luxury. I would not call them transformative, but for me a substantial improvement over stock. Braking distance is shorter, cornering was improved, i think wet handling was fine in OEM but these are excellent, and so incredibly quiet. I find Michelin to become very noisy after very few miles in their auto applications lately (like them and Dunlops for bikes). Michelin and Continentals both wear well, statistically.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Premium Luxury
127 Posts
Could not be any truer statement. Driving behavior, load, road conditions, vehicle maintenance, tire maintenance, the list goes on and on to support that the evaluation of tires is a very subjective endeavor. I'm an avid motorcyclist. Holy cow, the differing opinions of the same tire, on the same bike, in the riding community has frequently wound up in keyboard wars (which is both stupid and funny).

Anyhow, I went with Continentals on my 18 Premium Luxury. I would not call them transformative, but for me a substantial improvement over stock. Braking distance is shorter, cornering was improved, i think wet handling was fine in OEM but these are excellent, and so incredibly quiet. I find Michelin to become very noisy after very few miles in their auto applications lately (like them and Dunlops for bikes). Michelin and Continentals both wear well, statistically.
What specific Continentals? I'm a Continental fan, especially if they're quieter...

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5 Platinum AWD
131 Posts
Continental CrossContact 235/55 R20 102 W
Continental WinterContact TS 850 P 235/55 R20 105 V

·
Registered
16 SRX Premium AWD & 17 XT5 Premium Luxury AWD
61 Posts
Have a 2017 XT 5 ….rotation rotation rotation!!!
Have 32k and expect to make it to 50 k…no issues with the Michelins!

·
Registered
XT5
13 Posts
what tires are equal or better than the original Michelins
After 23,000 miles my Michelins were shot. I've never had a set of tires last the guaranteed amount BUT 23K is terrible. Give Kumho Solus TA11 All-Season tires 235/65R18 106T a try. They were rated at 4.5/5, ride nicely and hardly show any wear after 6K miles. You will also be shocked at he price I paid on Amazon (Shipped free).

·
Registered
XT5
6 Posts
A month or so ago I got a flat and had to beg the tire repair shop to patch the tire because it was worn down to the markers on our 2017 XT5 with 34,000 miles on it. They gave me a quote on a set of General Altimax RT 43's -- 235/65 R18. After a few weeks of research I was was ready to go with the Nexen Aria AH7 All-Season from Sam's club. Then I got another nail in a tire, this time too close to the sidewall to repair. Sam's didn't have the Nexen in stock. Big O's had the General's in stock and I couldn't wait 5 days for new tires. So I ended up with the Generals that have a 75,000 warranty. Had them put on our 2019 XT5 and moved those OEM's to our 2017 . Bottom line, this was the least mileage for a set for radials that I have ever had. Thus the move from Michelin's that were rotated and re-balanced every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have a 2017 XT 5 ….rotation rotation rotation!!!
Have 32k and expect to make it to 50 k…no issues with the Michelins!
Agreed. Road force balancing too. Such a noticeable difference compared against weight-and-chase balancing. Logic sys tires will last longer with RFB, but I've never found anything that says it is fact. Still, rides and handles better than the old school balancing method.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts