Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received 2 new front shocks for my 2005 Escalade (has Y91 ride package) that I ordered off Amazon for $259 each. Were supposed to be ACDelco OE shocks. Instead they have no GM ACDelco reference numbers on them what so ever, and have BWI stamped on them. They look cheap to me. Anyone familiar with these or has had a similar situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
over50 said:
So I received 2 new front shocks for my 2005 Escalade (has Y91 ride package) that I ordered off Amazon for $259 each. Were supposed to be ACDelco OE shocks. Instead they have no GM ACDelco reference numbers on them what so ever, and have BWI stamped on them. They look cheap to me. Anyone familiar with these or has had a similar situation? Thanks
Your not the first one
I have seen reports of others getting the same cheap and wrong shocks from Amazon

I guess I will have to go through my local dealer to get mine

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a shame. Priced almost $200 less than the local dealer. Even if I wanted to install them, how do I even know they're the correct ones for my vehicle package. Then it says I'm saving nearly $300 off list price, right.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front shocks on my Escalade now have a T6P on them. Replacements have a T6J on them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
over50 said:
The front shocks on my Escalade now have a T6P on them. Replacements have a T6J on them. Any thoughts?
I would go by the rpo code on the sticker in the glove box as the codes you listed are for something completely else in my rpo code list(think Opel interior panels)

My guess is gm used the numbers on the shocks themselves as supplier codes not the option codes that the truck has if they are the same design I wouldn't worry about it just install and plug them in

----------

over50 said:
It's a shame. Priced almost $200 less than the local dealer. Even if I wanted to install them, how do I even know they're the correct ones for my vehicle package. Then it says I'm saving nearly $300 off list price, right.
That's one reason I have held out on getting them

·
Registered
419 Posts
Front shocks Monroe 40044, rear shocks Monroe 40034. I bought mine off of Amazon three years ago and they fit perfectly? I don't know what part numbers you ordered??

·
Registered
2005 Escalade
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered the ACDelco #580-439 off of my vehicle vin#. Another reference number is 19300047. The shocks presently on my Escalade have T6P and #I5058478 on their label. The ones I received have a T6J and #15058473 on the label. After researching BWI, they engineer suspension and braking systems and components. Some are pretty cool. Seems they manufacture OE parts for many auto makers. These shocks do look like the Delpi units that are on my Escalade except those are orange and these are black. Guess I was expecting something more expenive looking. These shocks may be pretty good if I can figure out if they're correct. I did see the #580-439 on the box under another label.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
over50 said:
I ordered the ACDelco #580-439 off of my vehicle vin#. Another reference number is 19300047. The shocks presently on my Escalade have T6P and #I5058478 on their label. The ones I received have a T6J and #15058473 on the label. After researching BWI, they engineer suspension and braking systems and components. Some are pretty cool. Seems they manufacture OE parts for many auto makers. These shocks do look like the Delpi units that are on my Escalade except those are orange and these are black. Guess I was expecting something more expenive looking. These shocks may be pretty good if I can figure out if they're correct. I did see the #580-439 on the box under another label.
If the gm number matches the one on the box then they will work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts