Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 has about 45,000 on it now and I'm getting some pulsing as I brake, so it looks like I'll be replacing pads and rotors. Tirerack offers Akebono ProACt, ATE PremiumOne Pads, Hawk Performance, Satisfied Pro Ceramic VS Pads and a few OEM type pads. For rotors they only offer Centric Premium Rotors, they are finished in Black due to claimed longer lasting Electrocoating corrosion protection.
My question is what works and what doesn't? I also see on Ebay there are a few California based companies that offer complete 4 wheel sloted disk and ceramic pads kits for about $475. Anyone with any history about these products or any other suggestion?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
Cheap parts will net you bad results.

Next question is if you want matching front and rear pads as Hawk does not make rears for SRX.

I would not change rotors unless they are bad, if they are stay away from drilled and even slotted rotors as they increase pad wear and you will not notice any gain. Get some OEM ones or just some nice parts store rotors.

I love the Hawk ceramic pads but I want to match front and back, it really does not matter much as the back don't do anything but its just me. I will be going Porterfield R4-S pads on front and rear, mmmm stopping power.

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
741 Posts
I've used Akebono Pro Act Ceramics with Brembo rotors on Jeeps which have undersized, crummy brakes.
They work really well, good hard feel and also have minimal wheel dust. Have not run for mega miles, but don't think they are eating up the rotors either.

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
981 Posts
As a thought ... if you are experiencing pulsations and it could be determined the rotors are warped, shouldn't they be covered under the warranty? I'd guess pads would not

·
Registered
07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion, my dealer is great and works with me, so I'll ask.

Tom

·
Registered
2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours
514 Posts
We went with Raybestos Quiet Stop Ceramic (local parts house) for our 1999 DeVille Concours (16" wheels) and find them quiet but seemingly a bit less effective than the OEM Semi-metallic; so we elected to go with Hawk Performance Ceramic (when needed) for the 2005 SRX N*V8 (18" wheels).
Unfortunately, Hawk does not make them for the SRX 18" rear wheels.
We had heard good things about www.autoanything.com who carries Hawk as well as other brands, so we purchased Hawk for the front and EBC Green Stuff (custom formulated for the rear in order to have them avail when needed, likely in the near future) in lieu of the EBC Red Stuff (formulated for souped-up speed demons)
Good luck !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts