Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've clearly exceeded the minimum thickness on my front rotors. It's a 2006 CTS Coupe with the sport/luxury packages. Below are my codes:

2006 Cadillac build codes..jpg

My read on this is that I need a 12.71 rotor in front. I'm looking at these rotors/brakes at Rockauto. BTW, drive it 10 miles round trip to work through traffic with a max speed of 45 MPH so slots and rotors...no point:

POWER STOP Part # KOE1429 Autospecialty; Incl. 12.71 in. OE Replacement Rotors w/Z16 Ceramic Scorched Pads Click Info for full list of components.
Front; w/Sport Suspension

Is this correct?

BTW, it's a salvage car that had $9700 of hail damage making it crazy cheap. You can only see the hail damage in the day from 20 feet in and only 8 or so dents from the driver's seat. It's a great lot car in OK. My last was a dent free 95 Jetta and it actually bothered me when a T-storm came in but with this thing...well...what's another dent.

·
Registered
2007 6 speed manual tarnished platinum
374 Posts
11.92 for the jl9 cars, the size you have there is for the fe5 brakes. Don't let the je2 confuse you that's just performance brake lining which you could get on either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry,...sedan. Wife has the coupe...2013. Exceeded...the rotors have 110000 original miles...my wife uses the brakes and throttle like they're toggle switches - not rheostats...a friend from work that part times at O'reilly's at night as a machinist to pay for speed parts for his Mustang laughed at them and said they wouldn't turn 'em. I'll provide a picture when it warms up. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
These are exactly what I have on my CTS.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=390640471469

But to get away with the shipping cost, just give them a call and tell them this is the set you want.

I've had them for my front brakes for over 90,000 miles on the rotors and accompany pads.

Had the same driving habit as you, under 45mph and 4 to 5 miles one way to work.

KOT

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
Im thinking about getting these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-4-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-AND-8-CERAMIC-PADS-M340508-/390434964371?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2005|Make:Cadillac|Model:CTS|Submodel:Base|Engine+-+Liter_Display:3.6L&hash=item5ae7bcc393&vxp=mtr

Or these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-4-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-AND-8-CERAMIC-PADS-M340503-/221057760372?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2005|Make:Cadillac|Model:CTS&hash=item337811bc74&vxp=mtr

One of them are for standard suspension and others are for the sport suspension, I have the 17 Inch rims, unsure if I have the sport suspension, do you all think I might have the sport suspension if I have the 17s?

There is no label under the tire in the trunk :/ Ill try to look for it better maybe its hidden there somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts