Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually received from GM a new Recaro?I have had recurrent problems,first frame replacement for creaks and snaps with initial success.Now I experience side to side movement and pops/creaks which I can hear and feel,seemingly coming from the interior of the seat bottom itself.Dealer checked frame which is intact and tight.Service "advisor" claims that techs would have to take the innards of the seat apart to assess the problem.I suggested entire seat replacement but was told that dealership cannot get whole seats...just parts.

Based on previous experience too lengthy to recount(supercharger,brake rotors etc.)I would not trust these guys to dismantle the internals and not f*** it up worse than it already is.Has anyone been successful in a similar endeavor?Thanks.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
516 Posts
I had similar issues with my 2005 STS. They were not Recaro's, but great seats. They had everything but the kitchen sink in those seats. Heater, fans, speakers... I had a rattle problem when the passenger seat was not occupied. It deove me nuts!.
After my third trip back to the dealer I demanded a new seat. The tech called the regional rep and they dimantled the seat and found nothing. I still demanded the seat andnever got it.
The rattle was still there, but i lived with it. I took the STS back one more time and the tech said he could not duplicate or hear the rattle.

Unless you have a dealer and service manger wiling to go to the regional rep and the rep agrees, you may never get a new seat. I'm told to install a new Racaro is a real bitch that most dealerships may shy away from. Good luck.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
Rocking loose seats are a common problem. There is no easy fix, nor a fix offered by GM. There is a sort of fix in the form of a service notice but it only attempts to solve some of the side to side flex. It didn't do shit for my seats. My suggestion is to live with it like everyone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts