Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After a lot of attempts to solve a starting problem on my 2008 3.6 SRX that appeared to be something with the antitheft, I had the vehicle towed to the dealer. There, they diagnosed the problem as a fault within the immobilizer module (shown below--the one in the steering column which communicates with the key). Unfortunately, the part (#25850415) is discontinued and apparently not available anywhere (the dealer can't even find one). I have looked and can't find even a used one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be okay with a remanufactured one, if I could find one. Also, I found a few used ones for an earlier SRX with a different part number (#15931498)--does anyone know if this is a compatible part? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric

Tool Hand tool Bumper Font Auto part

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help? The dealer can't find one and I haven't been able to even find a used one :/

Hello all,

After a lot of attempts to solve a starting problem on my 2008 3.6 SRX that appeared to be something with the antitheft, I had the vehicle towed to the dealer. There, they diagnosed the problem as a fault within the immobilizer module (shown below--the one in the steering column which communicates with the key). Unfortunately, the part (#25850415) is discontinued and apparently not available anywhere (the dealer can't even find one). I have looked and can't find even a used one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be okay with a remanufactured one, if I could find one. Also, I found a few used ones for an earlier SRX with a different part number (#15931498)--does anyone know if this is a compatible part? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eric

View attachment 621586

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
1,078 Posts
Try searching this forum. I put "immobilizer" as a search term and there were quite a few hits. Don't know if any will be helpful or not.
You might consider trying a shop that specializes in auto electrical. Just because a dealer says it's that part may not be the case. Also may be a work-around to defeat the anti-theft feature

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great suggestions, thanks much.
Try searching this forum. I put "immobilizer" as a search term and there were quite a few hits. Don't know if any will be helpful or not.
You might consider trying a shop that specializes in auto electrical. Just because a dealer says it's that part may not be the case. Also may be a work-around to defeat the anti-theft feature

1 - 4 of 4 Posts