Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, Base, AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of getting water in factory fog lamps. My buddy has an ‘05 EXT, replaced with new OEM...water again. And as we all know the factory stuff doesn’t really light the road well anyway.

Looking for recommendations for a high quality replacement assembly. There are a lot of cheap offerings out there. Any recommendations?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,783 Posts
"Fog lamps" are not supposed to light the road out to any distance. They are patterned to cast a low, flat beam onto the road for only 15 - 25 feet in front in order to cut down light reflections from vapor droplets and allow the driver to proceed at 5 mph in thick fog.

Most people drive around with them on because they believe it looks cutesy. I have turned them on in the STS twice in 15 years - to see if they still work. Even DRL is disabled. Makes me wonder now because the fogs have not been on in at least 5 years............

No excuse for them leaking, though. Poor design.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade AWD w/DiabloSport tuner,Jet Performance throttle body/MAF,Airaid MIT
1,280 Posts
Tired of getting water in factory fog lamps. My buddy has an ‘05 EXT, replaced with new OEM...water again. And as we all know the factory stuff doesn’t really light the road well anyway.

Looking for recommendations for a high quality replacement assembly. There are a lot of cheap offerings out there. Any recommendations?
Nice Caddy!!. Looks almost like my 06, same style wheels and color.

I bought some no-name fog-light replacements off Ebay which have been working fine so far. I swapped the halogen foglight bulbs to bright yellow HID bulbs for better visability in the rain and night driving. The yellow light really highlight(better contrast) the road features in the rain.

Note: You could apply some clear or black silicon around the edges of your new fog-light housings to help prevent water intrusion before it happens just in case the fog-lights was not sealed properly from the factory.

Reactions: GMKarGuy

·
Registered
2004 ESV
763 Posts
I did the same as carguy. Cheap eBay fog light replacements, but replaced with white LED bulbs. I think the total investment was $50 at the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts