Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 2007 , what are the best brake pads replacement . I drive 24" wheels, I know it is better to get bigger rotor kits, but I don't want to do that, because I am selling the Escalade , so no more investment in it, but need to get the pads replaced with a higher force.

So any ides guys ??

Thanks

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Hawk brake pads are great:

http://www.hawkperformance.com/truck/

http://www.hawkperformance.com/truck/lts.php

I used the LTS on my diesel Excursion which weighed quite a bit more than my Escalade and had a ton more power and along with some Powerslot cryo'd rotors the improvement was significant...kind of a poor man's big brake kit.

The Baer EradiSpeed would be a great choice too, but quite a bit more expensive than just putting good pads in.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot guys, I took a look at their website and the ones to be considered are the Ceramics and the superduty.
But read thatt the super have better stopping power than the ceramics , but they produce a lot of dust and noise , anybody had any experience with these ? or should I be be better off with the ceramics ?

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
thanks a lot guys, I took a look at their website and the ones to be considered are the Ceramics and the superduty.
But read that the super have better stopping power than the ceramics , but they produce a lot of dust and noise , anybody had any experience with these ? or should I be be better off with the ceramics ?
Increased noise and/or brake dust is often a "side effect" of performance braking. I have my own fair share of experience of that with the AMG and SRTs that I had. My Jeep SRT would literally dust up the wheels within a day or so of cleaning them. I picked up some brake dust repellent at Auto Zone that you spray on the wheels after you clean them and it's very effective. If maximum brake performance is what you're after or need (like for towing for example) then get the pad that's going to give you that, just be aware of the compromises...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
But read thatt the super have better stopping power than the ceramics , but they produce a lot of dust and noise , anybody had any experience with these ? or should I be be better off with the ceramics ?
Your stock pads are ceramic that is why they do not dust that much, of course Hawk ceramics are better than the stock pads, I have always used their street pads for my Corvette's, would probably use their ceramics on my Escalade's unless I was adding a lot more power, but then I would put larger brakes on the truck. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts