Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sts v6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this is my first post so i apologize in advance for anything stupid i do, until i figure things out . I need some recomendations for a perfect ,great battery for a 2005 sts v6. Oh and yes i tried to do a search for a thread that would answer this but i still didnt get a simple answer . thanks in advance you guys are really great thats why i joined the forum.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,716 Posts
Although I don't have one, most on here recommend the Optima Redtop. I think you have to cut a little bit of plastic off the battery cover to make it fit.

Mine have OEM (replaced under warranty more than once), but those are known for not lasting long, so I will probably go with the Optima next time.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS 1SC
383 Posts
I have an Optima Red. I also had a Red in my Expedition when I had one. If you want to buy a battery that will last as long as your car and never wonder if it is going to start that morning, get a Red Top. I don't work for Optima.

As far as cutting plastic, that's a negative. I just removed the battery cover and all is good. Also, I believe sometime in the last year or two, they made the correct size Red without the top posts, so it will fit with the plastic cover on.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
well some of us have top post batteries in the car and no battery cover.
Maybe its just a V8 thing or a 2008+ thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts