Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Replaced my front windshield today with what the glass guy said was a better quality glass than the oem ones. He went on to say he's done lots of V's and XLR-V's and says that GM messed up when they installed these as they "sit at a poor angle and that they induce rotting around the rubber edges far quicker than any others out there"...Seems like the glass was cut at a slightly different degree on this one at that's what the X-vette racer slash window guy said...

Mine was just pitted and a little cracked so I called them.:eek:

No picture yet as I'm waiting for new tint but this glass looks like it is flatter and a bit more aggressive looking with more smoked tint on the bottom section.

Ours seem to sit more upright but there's definately a sleeker look....

Chef

edit - hearing some grinding when shifting into gears? tranny? diff?....oooh no...damn you mod dementors....damn you!

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I have the utmost respect for you Chef, but.......what!? :confused:

The angle that the windshield sits at is determined by the angle of the A-pillars, so unless your windshield guy cut the frame and welded some new pillars in there for you, the glass will be sitting exactly where it always has.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Hope he included a few gas saving devices for $19.95, new secret technology that will improve gas mileage UP TO 99%.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I'm going to weld my doors and add a window net.

WHAT?
I'm gonna need to see a horespower rating on that before I do it.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The way the shield is seated coupled with degrees of glass being shaved will determine the sphere of the glass..or the bow of the glass. Perhaps it's optical - yes it sits on the same pillars (filled with rubber cocking) but when the old rubber is taken out it's set with new layers of cocking which we know- Some add more than others and some add less in terms of setting on the pillars. You're looking at the pillars not the flex of the window itself....

:alchi:eek:h yeah...need more beer.

Gained 5 more rwhp...*grin*

I have the utmost respect for you Chef, but.......what!? :confused:

The angle that the windshield sits at is determined by the angle of the A-pillars, so unless your windshield guy cut the frame and welded some new pillars in there for you, the glass will be sitting exactly where it always has

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TDS Teak Cocking is a one-part, paste-like oxime cure system which when exposed to moisture in the air reacts to form a tough, flexible solid rubber compound. TDS Teak Cocking is a thixotropic material that does not sag during cure, and, when cured, has excellent temperature stability and chemical resistance. Because the sealant is neutral cure, it is non-corrosive to all substrates.

For "F"

TDS Teak Cocking is available in black or white.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
TDS Teak Cocking is a one-part, paste-like oxime cure system which when exposed to moisture in the air reacts to form a tough, flexible solid rubber compound. TDS Teak Cocking is a thixotropic material that does not sag during cure, and, when cured, has excellent temperature stability and chemical resistance sometimes creating extra sleekness . Because the sealant is neutral cure, it is non-corrosive to all substrates.

For "F"

TDS Teak Cocking is available in black or white.
Whichever color you get, I wonder if it lighter weight.... to make your HP to lb ratio better.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts