Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question. I replaced my trunk like and it doesn’t work. My lights under the dash by my feet don’t work either. I checked the fuses that I thought were the ones and still nothing. I’m lost. The fuse descriptions are not clear.

· Registered
6 Posts
:mad::(Really annoyed with my light. Was working just fine and then I had a pop trunk installed (nothing was moved or damaged) It was working fine right after everything was installed. Once I attempted to change the light it flickered and never came back on.
Does anyone know the location of the fuses? Hoping to install a welcome light in there so that when I pop my trunk it shows the symbol…
Someone help cause I’m tired of looking everywhere.

· Registered
6 Posts
Since it worked with the first LED but not with the welcome light, the welcome light is most likely not the correct bulb for the car or it is faulty. Take it out and put the LED back in to see if it works.
What do you mean by "pop trunk"?
I tried to put back the original LED light; but completely stopped working. If you google pop trunk you’ll see cars with trunks that life with a switch. Like a show car.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,468 Posts
I tried to put back the original LED light; but completely stopped working. If you google pop trunk you’ll see cars with trunks that life with a switch. Like a show car.
The XTS trunk from the factory slowly opens once it is released. I guess you are talking of closing it like what the CT6 does.
Is putting a neon sign on the inside of the trunk lid what you mean by a welcome light? If yes, I think that would require more power than a regular trunk light which in turn would require a special set up. Maybe someone who knows about this will drop by.
As to fuses, a list of them can be found in your manual. Good luck with your project.

· Premium Member
2000 DHS
1,924 Posts
Meanwhile I won’t even hook up a usb phone charger to my car for fear of screwing something up.

Besides my phone’s rarely dead + I hate the look of wires hanging out of the dashboard. Not happening in my car.

· Registered
6 Posts
The XTS trunk from the factory slowly opens once it is released. I guess you are talking of closing it like what the CT6 does.
Is putting a neon sign on the inside of the trunk lid what you mean by a welcome light? If yes, I think that would require more power than a regular trunk light which in turn would require a special set up. Maybe someone who knows about this will drop by.
As to fuses, a list of them can be found in your manual. Good luck with your project.
Not at all;
Inside of trunk there is a cargo light that comes on, once I open the trunk. This light isn’t coming on nor working any longer. Manual has nothing on where I can find this fuse that controls the light.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,468 Posts
Not at all;
Inside of trunk there is a cargo light that comes on, once I open the trunk. This light isn’t coming on nor working any longer. Manual has nothing on where I can find this fuse that controls the light.
Did you not say that you hooked up the welcome light, it flickered and then stopped working, then you tried the led bulb and it did not work (but before it did). So how can you say "not at all", referencing I guess my statement that the neon light may have required too much power?
I checked the manual for your MY and true - it does not say which fuse is for the trunk light. Are any other lights or anything else not working in the car?...that might give a clue as to which fuse it is that covers that and the trunk light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.