Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to put 4 new acutuators on the interior of the V to get the HVAC to come out of all the correct vents and to get the temps to be controlled properly.

well the one according to service manual required the whole dash to be removed. I was like hell there has to be a way so i looked and found a really short screwdrive and i got them out that way.

it is way up in the dash on the drivers side so you have to deal with the pedals as well in the way!! which were really making me :mad:

well i reclined my seat had my feet by the headrest and my head under the dash, getting them out was easier but getting them in was a PITA!!
there is little levers you have to hook to get the modes to all work with the mode acutator, talk about a PITA!!! i had to redo it a few times since the levers kept slipping off.

well it is all working now and it blows cold air, before it would blow ac but not near as cold due to the temp actuator wasnt closed all the way and mixing the hot and cold air.

good mission accomplished and saved prolly $700 in labor then taking the dash off or taking it to the dealer!

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Amen on the age thing. Laying under the V today all the bolts 8" away were blurry.

And I wasn't :alchi:

/threadjack - Do they make "bifocal" safety glasses? :confused:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Sounds like an FAQ writeup could be done. Take any pics?

Hey, dvandentop, how's the car doing? Windows working now, any other pesky little nuances still lingering?

I'm still 'hats off to you' for taking this one on! :worship:

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
what year vette? i had an 01 z06
1980--Boogie Nights; original 8-track player and everything. All that AC stuff and the headlight actuators are vacuum controlled on those cars, and all of it is hidden in the most Godawful places.

Amen to the bifocal safety goggle thing, Rick :nono:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I've watched my techs rip out an entire interior to do AC Actuators before.....not pretty. My hat is off to you for your bravery.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like an FAQ writeup could be done. Take any pics?

Hey, dvandentop, how's the car doing? Windows working now, any other pesky little nuances still lingering?

I'm still 'hats off to you' for taking this one on! :worship:
Hey man, no i didnt get any pics due to the tight spaces etc... sure is crammed good thing i have smaller hands otherwise i know i couldnt have done this

no havent gotten those working yet, think i might need to take that to the dealer to figure out i have tried everything i can.

i have put about 1200 miles on her.
it will be more bearable now since the AC is cold instead of just warmer air.

just have a few things they need to do to tech 2 then everything should be back in buisness. can drive the car easily now but just minor things to finish

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and oh good lord is by back sore today!!!! well worth the pain though to get this fixed

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I've watched my techs rip out an entire interior to do AC Actuators before.....not pretty. My hat is off to you for your bravery.
H-m-m.... lemme see if I can find that picture.
If I remember correctly this was some of Bill's work at Lindsay. Guaranteed to give you nightmares if you walked in on it.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
H-m-m.... lemme see if I can find that picture.
If I remember correctly this was some of Bill's work at Lindsay. Guaranteed to give you nightmares if you walked in on it.
WOW!

I'm glad that had light interior, so I know it wasn't my car.

-Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts