Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tail lights was burned out so this past weekend I changed out all the tail lights on the back trunk panel of my newly purchased 2001 Seville. I followed several threads on this forum for advice and instruction and found the task to be pretty easy and straightforward. The only surprise I got was that in all the information four 3057 or 3157 bulbs were required as replacements however when I got to removing the old bulbs two of the four were the old push and twist style #1077 bulbs. At my local Mom & Pop auto parts store the clerk looked up the replacements and said that a 1077 bulb was not listed. He said the #1077 was generally sold for German manufactured cars, like Mercedes. Anyway I got the bulbs in and the panel reassembled all in a little over an hour and everything is working fine.:yup:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts
I too was puzzled to find a pair of old bayonet sockets in the center stack assembly. Fished around and stuck in a pair of 1157's. Good to go. Someone posted that the older sockets ma be a holdover from export models in which you're required to have rear fog warning lamps - but I thought those would have been amber, so go figure.........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts