Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced solenoids in tranny after someone else attempted to work on it. Basically the person who worked on it stated that he put the computer in service mode to lock the transmission in 2nd gear to make it drivable, but this same person didn't know to look at the solenoids, he took the side panel off the tranny and looked there, when he should have been in the bottom. The problem now is after I replaced the solenoid, which was obviously broken, the tranny still does not shift. I don't know what that person did, and he won't speak to me any more. I have not tried to reset the service codes, nor have I looked at them, but reading the forum, I did not see anything that stated there was such a mode.

In addition, the a/c no longer comes on, which might have to do with an overheating problem that is due to a bad water pump and busted radiator.

I am in the process of replacing the water pump and already fixed the radiator, but the transmission still baffles me along with the A/C problem. Maybe they are all unrelated, but if anyone knows anything that may be helpfull, it will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
raegordon said:
Recently replaced solenoids in tranny after someone else attempted to work on it. Basically the person who worked on it stated that he put the computer in service mode to lock the transmission in 2nd gear to make it drivable, but this same person didn't know to look at the solenoids, he took the side panel off the tranny and looked there, when he should have been in the bottom. The problem now is after I replaced the solenoid, which was obviously broken, the tranny still does not shift. I don't know what that person did, and he won't speak to me any more. I have not tried to reset the service codes, nor have I looked at them, but reading the forum, I did not see anything that stated there was such a mode.

In addition, the a/c no longer comes on, which might have to do with an overheating problem that is due to a bad water pump and busted radiator.

I am in the process of replacing the water pump and already fixed the radiator, but the transmission still baffles me along with the A/C problem. Maybe they are all unrelated, but if anyone knows anything that may be helpfull, it will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Did you figure out what the problem is? I have a 96 DeVille and just replaced the solenoids, even after that mine still would not shift into overdrive. I cannot figure out what the problem is. I am going to a mechanic tomorrow to see what I can find out. If you have anythign to share with me no this you can email at [email protected]
and if I find out anything I can email you.
Phil

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Id try unplugging the battery for a while (more than 15 minutes, best if left overnight) and see if that works.....

Definitely reset the codes, though......

·
Registered
11 Posts
elwesso said:
Id try unplugging the battery for a while (more than 15 minutes, best if left overnight) and see if that works.....

Definitely reset the codes, though......
How do you clear the codes? Will disconnecting the battery do that?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will <im fairly positive> clear the codes.... IT also is a good idea to do every so often to give the car a "fresh start"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that I took my vehicle to PEP boys and they cleared the codes, unfortunately it did not resolve my problem. Please let me know if you come across anything before me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Did you try the battery thing??? Id try that first!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts