Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested. I posted what I did in the Tech Tips section.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...92-how-replace-rear-knucke-bushings-98-a.html

A lot of new experiences...

Spent a lot of time replacing/trying to remove rusted brake parts. I love Michigan roads. Whoever did the brake jobs in the past really over torqued everything. I could not remove the caliper guide bolts, so the mechanic did it when he pressed out the old bushings. I did put on all new rotors, pads, caliper guide pins, and grease while I was in there and they too were extremely worn.

The car seems to not wobble anymore. During a suspension inspection we could clearly see the knuckles move with a lot of play, so there was no doubt these needed to be done, but alas, I still have a rattle, which I'm thinking is the front struts since everything else under the car was nice and tight.

One of the pics from the How To:

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
i thought mn roads were bad for salt corrosion. i did 1 side last fall. used oem style bushings. both of my wheels had slight play and bushings did not look bad. i have a bead blast cabinet but did not even attempt to clean up knuckles. they looked much better than your stuff. i rarely used cabinet know. but it is a nice tool to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts