Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 DTS Platinum, 50,000 miles. I installed a new battery yesterday using a ODB battery minder. All presets are saved but my GPS is not working and the clock will not reset, the buttons will not change the time. I have searched the net and have found this to be quite an issue. Does anyone know of a fix without getting a dealer involved? Thanks Mike

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
961 Posts
2011 DTS Platinum, 50,000 miles. I installed a new battery yesterday using a ODB battery minder. All presets are saved but my GPS is not working and the clock will not reset, the buttons will not change the time. I have searched the net and have found this to be quite an issue. Does anyone know of a fix without getting a dealer involved? Thanks Mike
Eject the Navigation dvd then reinstall it. That sometimes resets the Nav.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By reinstall you mean just reinsert the disc? I have done that a few minutes ago but it is too dark outside now to mess with it. I'll look at it again in the morning. The clock resets off the GPS correct? There is a red bar through the GPS light,

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
961 Posts
By reinstall you mean just reinsert the disc? I have done that a few minutes ago but it is too dark outside now to mess with it. I'll look at it again in the morning. The clock resets off the GPS correct? There is a red bar through the GPS light,
Yes reinstall the dvd. The clock does reset off the Nav. Hope this resolves your issue.

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
216 Posts
When I replaced my battery the same thing happened then one day it started working, so just give it about 2 weeks before replacing anything.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The GPS software was showing my location in my driveway just not starting the clock. I'm going out of town Sunday for a week so that might work out, thanks.

·
Registered
2010 DTS Premium
6 Posts
I had version 5.0 (20861673) in my 2010 DTS navigation system when I bought the car, and I had the digital clock in the upper right corner of the screen.
I upgraded to version 9.0 (23286273) and the clock stayed. Then months later my battery died overnight, and after I put the new battery in I lost the clock. I looked on the boards and saw a post about version 7.0 (22880386) restoring the clock, so I bought one. It didn't return the clock either. In hindsight I guess it is because I had a version 9.0 working and it wouldn't load the older version 7.0. My question is simple, is there anything I can do to get the clock back? Is there a way to clear the system of all versions and re-enter V 5.0 or V 7.0 to get the clock back? Thanks for any insights! Leo

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,683 Posts
DTS Clock Reset
To reset clock if you are unable to set after battery disconnect.
-Press “Menu” button on radio
-Press “Display” tab on touch screen
-Press lower corner of touch screen for about 10 seconds (opens secret menu)
-Enter “pin code” 295660
-Press “OK”
-Press “Next Page”
-Press “Set Time”
-Enter GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) date and time

·
Registered
2007 DTS
35 Posts
DTS Clock Reset
-Enter “pin code” 295660
-Press “OK”
-Press “Next Page”
-Press “Set Time”
Hmmm... tried this on my 2007 DTS.
no luck.

”press lower corner of touch screen...”.
which corner? I tried both.
I feel dumber now.
secret menu?
help?

·
Registered
2006 XLR-V, 2011 DTS
4 Posts
Lower left. I just tried it today and it worked perfectly! I have been looking for the solution for a few months.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
35 Posts
Lower left. I just tried it today and it worked perfectly! I have been looking for the solution for a few months.
No way! Maybe mine didn’t work because i had not recently disconnected battery?

i just don’t have the clock. I will try again.
thanks !

·
Registered
2007 DTS
35 Posts
No way! Maybe mine didn’t work because i had not recently disconnected battery?

i just don’t have the clock. I will try again.
thanks !
Holy cow it worked !!
had to figure out the right time, but once you set any time, you can then click on the clock and set time easier without all that hidden process!

thank you so much !

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,683 Posts
Glad to hear that it worked for both of you. Same thing happened to me after battery disconnect... clock disappeared on the Nav display.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DTS Clock Reset
-Enter “pin code” 295660
-Press “OK”
-Press “Next Page”
-Press “Set Time”
Thank you it worked perfectly. You Da Man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts