Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did not find anything in the search but can someone posts the steps needed to replace the AC compressor in a 92 DeVille. I am assuming it has to come out the bottom but I would like to read up on it first. TIA

Bob

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Pull wheel; pull air dam; loosen fan belt, unbolt compressor. In the middle of this process, we all know that the tree huggers want us to capture any escaping freon. Go ahead and do that.

Remember to change out the dryer and the orifice tube. Some vendors will not guar the compressor if you do not change out dryer.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Ive never done an ac comp or waterpump replacement, but I have heard from some people on waterpump replacement who do the above and just take the wheel off and then the guard and maybe jack the car up a tad and basically go in through the side. I dont see why it wouldnt work when replacing any of those parts. Its more prep work, but should make it all quite a bit easier.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Bump

Any Progress, I am in the r134a retrofit dilemma; and if i do it I want to do it right, Including flushing compressor of old oil, especially since it hasnt run in a few years. I figure itll have to come out of the car to be done properly.. Then ill replace various parts and charge with 134.

Anyone have any tips to flush the compressor in car, or is it impossible, 1993 4.9 SDV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts