Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found the armrest console cooler in my 2016 Escalade about as useless as a sock with no pair. After driving a loaner Escalade that had the standard armrest storage box, I've decided I'd like to switch out the cooler in mine for the storage box if it's possible. Does anyone know if the console box (Part Number 22966228?) would be a drop-in replacement for the cooler box?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've only had my '18 Platinum for a few months, but couldn't you just take the top off the cooler box and use it as storage.
The sides would just be a little narrower, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much less volume (not just the sides - it has less depth due to bottom insulation and the thickness of the lid), stuff rattles around in there, and the lid is inconvenient and in the way. It's certainly worthless as a cooler. Driving an Escalade without the cooler for a few days convinced me it's worth getting rid of the cooler, if it's a just a simple matter of a plug-and-play swap.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Makes sense -- we had a 15 luxury without the cooler, but I didn't ever use it so I don't remember how big it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts