Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Deville DHS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife mowed out the rear right quarter glass on my DHS this weekend. I can get the glass for $30, but have NO idea how to replace it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,271 Posts
yes. call your insurance company for coverage and advice. mine covers glass breakage and Safelite.

·
Registered
'05 Deville DHS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1000 deductible. Ordered a replacement with upper frame off eBay for $75. Will take an evening and see what damage I can do.

K

·
0 Posts
Just because you have a $1000 deductible doesn't mean they (your insurance company) won't cover glass. I have Geico and they covered my windshield when it was struck with a rock and cracked the glass. Maybe they wouldn't cover side glass though. Worth a try to ask them. Good luck.

·
Registered
'05 Deville DHS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just because you have a $1000 deductible doesn't mean they (your insurance company) won't cover glass. I have Geico and they covered my windshield when it was struck with a rock and cracked the glass. Maybe they wouldn't cover side glass though. Worth a try to ask them. Good luck.
Sorry, I didn't add more info in my above post. :). State Farm does NOT offer complimentary glass breakage/repair anymore as per my agent. Maybe 8 years ago they did. He suggested a local place for my fresh windshield rock chip that will only charge $20 if you are a State Farm customer. They did the chip for free. My wife works for Esurance and even she said the they no longer offer "free" glass repair/replace. It's all part of the deductible now. No more freebies.

The friendly folks that did my free rock-chip said replacing the rear quarter glass is fairly straightforward since I ordered it with the frame and stripping. Otherwise $75 and they will install it for me. I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had my windshield replaced with 0 deductible through Liberty Mutual. I have comprehensive glass coverage on all my cars, it's real cheap, and great when you need it and no deductible. If State Farm is telling you that, I'd shop around.

·
Registered
'05 Deville DHS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to shop around once I get time. I was also able to successfully remove the quarter glass frame and what was left of the glass. :)

Since nobody on the internet has the procedure:

Roll down rear window. Remove rear door panel by removing 1 screw behind the inside handle, the lock knob, and 1 torx behind the lock knob. Break most of the plastic door clips around the edge of the panel. Pull the panel slightly up and straight off. There is a huge connector on the door that will unplug from the panel if you pull straight out. Pull off the internal window trim. Remove 1 10MM bolt securing the quarter glass "frame" in. Remove another black plastic trim piece by destroying the plug-clip at the rear of the door. Swing the plastic trim forward. Carefully wiggle and gently pull the quarter glass frame out. Grab replacement you purchased off eBay and discover there is a difference between 2005 Deville Base and 2005 Deville DHS. Order correct quarter window at 11PM on eBay for another $80. Put parts in baggie until Friday when new glass/seal arrive. Go inside and drink a beer and go to bed. Drive motorcycle all week to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts